crazy bus driver

YouTube videos, Pickle juice discussion, doping accusations, etc.

Moderator: mfarnham

chrisb

crazy bus driver

Post by chrisb »

has anyone else nearly been run off the road by public transit?
I was going up fort st. today and the 14 kept on pulling over and stopping right in front of me giving me nearly no room to stop...
I phoned it in to bctransit, but I'm just curious if anyone else gets this
trevor

Re: crazy bus driver

Post by trevor »

I witnessed this! Just around 4:15 today. Not good. Way to avoid disaster by having your road wits about you.
Fozzy

Post by Fozzy »

This has happened to me too.
I am not sure whether the drivers can judge your speed, and they probably think that they have given you adequate room.
I had a bit of a rant at one driver (not whilst wearing Tripleshot kit), and phoned it in.
mfarnham

Post by mfarnham »

I've had pretty good interactions with BC Transit buses. Had one nasty run-in with a tour-bus driver last Spring who threatened to beat me up after nearly forcing me off the road at 40+ kmh. The company initially ignored my complaint, but was very quick to apologize when I started emailing city council about it.
Martin
David Hill

Post by David Hill »

Chris B, my son and his friend (both TS juniors) experienced the exact same thing on Monday afternoon, going down Yates; both were in the bike lane, and the bus passed them and then turned into the bus stop without signaling. Luckily they both saw it happening and slowed down enough to avoid being part of the "Thanks for the brake" sign on the bumper.
kitchell

Post by kitchell »

yup, i've been crushed against the curb on fort street too, maybe same bus driver