Anyone want to help out Curtis Dearden?

YouTube videos, Pickle juice discussion, doping accusations, etc.

Moderator: mfarnham

Plawless

Anyone want to help out Curtis Dearden?

Post by Plawless »

As you likely know Curtis Dearden was hit by car the other day and woke up to police asking if he was ok. Looks like he was run off the road by a car that didnt stop. Curtis is the current National TT Champion and an all around good guy. More details are here: http://www.timescolonist.com/cyclist-in ... w-1.680733

He works at Russ Hayes and accordign to Amy it looks like he will be off work for at least a couple of weeks. He doesnt have short term disability so he and his wife Amy and their nine month old daughter will be dipping into any savings they have to make up the shortfall.

What I propose is a bit of a "pass the helmet" to see if we can collect even a few bucks to not only help financially but more importantly to show a bit of cycling solidarity.

Anyone interested in chipping in a loonie or two can see me at a ride or shoot me an email at prlawless@me.com. I will leave this as on open call for a week and then get whatever we have collected to Curtis and Amy on behalf of TSC.

Thanks all,

Peter
steve

Re: Anyone want to help out Curtis Dearden?

Post by steve »

Great idea Peter. I'll be contributing at our next ride. Great karma for all those who contribute.
wonger

Post by wonger »

I'm in. See you Sunday?
Plawless

Post by Plawless »

I'll be there Sunday Helmet in hand.
Josh.E

Post by Josh.E »

definitely in.
can you pass the helmet around the next couple TS rides this coming week? not sure if I'll be out sunday or not.

but only if curtis agrees not to ride away from VCL A races solo anymore
:)
Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.
Plawless

Post by Plawless »

As I wont be on the ride Friday I wanted you to know that I have just now forwarded $535 to Curtis and Amy to help out a little after Curtis' crash. I know that they both appreciate your generosity.

If I may be permitted I would also add that I am very proud to be a part of a club like Tripleshot where the members really do care about their fellow cyclists and community. My hat is off to all of you.

Peter
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Thanks for leading us out on this, Peter.