Tuesday Oct.8th Ride

YouTube videos, Pickle juice discussion, doping accusations, etc.

Moderator: mfarnham

trevor

Tuesday Oct.8th Ride

Post by trevor »

Hi folks.
I just wanted to get some feedback as to what everyone thought of the ride on Tuesday. I had a blast getting to ride with people I don't often get to be shoulder to shoulder with and I still felt that I got some strong efforts in leading out or after the Oak Bay Beach Hotel. This time of year the A group mellows a wee bit and I can remember in the not to distant past Peter "encouraging" me to make the jump from the Bs to the As around this time of year.
Keeping the group together should be a priority but at some point on the ride the pace I'm sure will get higher. Admittedly on Tuesday I kept the tempo high near the golf course to bridge up to the lead riders. By no means was dropping anyone on my mind. It seemed like a natural separating point and I think it worked out for everyone. Or did it?
Anyhow, it was nice leaving the lot with such a large group and I enjoyed myself. I hope those who jumped in did too.
Cheers.
IanWhit

Re: Tuesday Oct.8th Ride

Post by IanWhit »

I thought the Tuesday ride was great! It was fun to ride with a few of the 'A's and I didn't mind getting cracked at KGT!
JohnT

Post by JohnT »

Thanks for asking Trevor,

With smaller turn outs, we're often not going to have A, B1, B2, and C, so compromises are necessary and I thought Tuesday was perfect. I'll add that after taking almost 2 months off, I have been in a position to notice that the faster guys (Bryson, Gavin, Trevor just to name a few), have been doing a nice job of pushing (pulling actually) the B pace (when they ride in B) without destroying the group. Thanks.

JT
MDAWSON

Post by MDAWSON »

I had a blast Tuesday. The mixed A/B this time of year seems to work really well. Faster As can 'break' later in the ride if they want and I think it motivates the larger group to chase. It was the mixed rides last winter that helped me ride A come springtime, and I'm sure the same will happen this winter for other riders.
katew

Post by katew »

Dear God.
kateweber.com
Alan

Post by Alan »

I thought Tuesday's ride was one of the best ones so far this fall. Fast pace, not too much suffering, (but just enough) and I didn't find I was feeling sorry for myself and singing "I'm Mr. Lonely..." which happens on the typical A ride after getting dropped at the top of Ash. A pause at the top of King George also helps to regroup :roll: . I think with all the wet leaves and crap on the roads, we have to steady up a bit around Hollywood Crescent, then let the testosterone fly once we hit Ross Bay.