Slippery road in James Bay

Club activities and announcements

Moderator: mfarnham

chrisb

Slippery road in James Bay

Post by chrisb »

I took a spill this morning after coffee going around the corner on Kingston (https://maps.google.ca/maps?saddr=120+K ... v&t=m&z=18)

It looks like there was some construction going on and the road has a lot of dirt, gravel and oil on it.
At least one other person slid on there as I was getting helped.

Strongly recommend being very careful along the waterfront in that area, if the road looks dirty it is probably really slippery too, and nobody likes falling :)
John D

Re: Slippery road in James Bay

Post by John D »

Hey Chris... That was a really nasty spill. How's your chin and jaw doing? Did you need stitches?

As Mark and I rode back toward the blue bridge afterwards it looked like the same greasy stuff was trailed all along Government and Wharf too. A witness who saw you and Mike both go down called the CRD about the road.

Get better soon...

J.
"Talk - Action = Zero" - Joe Keithley
barton bourassa

Post by barton bourassa »

Chris this is not good! Are you ok? Did you need an ambulance or did you make it home on your own? Heal quickly!
Barton Bourassa
chrisb

Post by chrisb »

Ended up getting a few stitches, need a dentist appointment, but x-rays show no broken legs, but I think I'll give the Wednesday hills ride a miss :)

I called up Victoria city hall and they just called me back and said that there had been a gas spill along there all the way up to government/wharf

anyways, probably best to keep an eye on the roads there, but it is most likely been cleaned by now as they have run the sweeper along there a few times.
chrisb

Post by chrisb »

Big thank-you to Kate who drove me to the hospital and dropped off my bike.

I feel like I can at least be a warning to others to keep an eye out on the road ahead :)

Here's me at emerg. (cause there's always time to take a selfie)
Attachments
IMG-20131008-01095.jpg
katew

Post by katew »

I think you can see my tail-lights blazing out of there in the background.

Sorry about ejecting you at ER and running away - I realized later that I allowed fear of the commissionaires to drive me to treat a friend less-than-thoughtfully there at the door.

Glad to hear you're not too badly broken, and hope you feel better soon. I wrote the city, too, and got a generic, "Thank you for your comments..." email. I suspect they got an earful from a number of parties.
kateweber.com
Fozzy

Post by Fozzy »

Speedy recovery Chris