Intro to group rides? Monday the 2nd?

Organize unscheduled rides

Moderator: mfarnham

FairweatherMike

Intro to group rides? Monday the 2nd?

Post by FairweatherMike »

My wife is new to group rides - as is, hasn't done one yet. She's doing great otherwise (conquered Munns Road today without stopping on a steep stretch) but is still nervous about drafting/pacing. So - anybody want to come out Monday for a leisurely C-/New Farmer style ride? And is willing to bring along a few helpful tips and rah-rahs? 7:30 depart at St. Matthias? (8 am is good too)
Mike Skinner
Rolf

Re: Intro to group rides? Monday the 2nd?

Post by Rolf »

Mike: the Farm Team is doing a friendly, Sunday-type ride at 7:30 tomorrow from St. Matthias—the perfect initiation for your wife!
Curran

Post by Curran »

What route is the farm team doing?
FairweatherMike

Post by FairweatherMike »

Thanks, Rolf, for the info. Hey, where were you Monday morning? Frightened off by a bit of rain?
After five minutes waiting at St. Matthias, with Eric, Dolly, Roy, Tom, Dave, Michael and Neil, and discussing the vagaries of weather radar while it started p***ing down, we set off. Typical Sunday route. At QA Dorothy and I decided that the deluge was definitely limiting the enjoyment factor, so after some encouraging words from Eric we headed home, to be passed a bit later by Dave bookin' it back to a dry garage.

As I hung up Dorothy's bike in the shed, water flooded out of the frame. Duh. Seat tube had an empty screwhole (fender attachment point) close to the wheel, which quickly power-filled the frame. I'll be pulling the bottom bracket after I buy the necessary tool, but for now it was a good reminder that fender season has pretty much arrived.
Mike Skinner