Club activities and announcements

Moderator: mfarnham

Minda

Trackfest Volunteers needed- Sat June 29th & Sun June 30th

Post by Minda »

The first GVVA Trackfest for 2013 is quickly approaching, Sat June 29 and
Sun June 30th are set to be action packed days of racing, and we need your
help.

Below is a list of volunteer positions that are vacant, along with a brief description of the tasks

If you are available, please email me back directly at mindar@uvic.ca to
let me know

Thanks Minda

Volunteer Tasks & Brief Descriptions

Field set-up is early Saturday Morning- set up canopy tents, timing equipment and take direction from Commissaires

Field tear down is Sunday at the end of event.

Results is all day both days. It can be split if each is oriented to the program. They will use an excel format to enter names and events into a data base to run off start lists which will be delivered to the field by a runner. They will then receive a finish list to post results- from the runners.

Runners- all day or a portion there-of.

Lapboard/ bell ringer- all day both days. This can be split up into sections with 2 lap board attendants needed for pursuits on Sat. after BREAK and Sunday morning.
The lap board will require a short tutorial ahead of the events.

Back up timers -they time along with the commissaire to ensure a time is correct and is done when a watch fails to work
They are needed Saturday morning and Sunday afternoon
Set-up and removal of small foam markers- take direction from the commissaires. This is a quick job and is needed Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning and for time trial Sunday afternoon.

Gate keepers- all day both days. Can be split into segments of time such as Sat. morning, Sat afternoon, Sunday morning, and Sunday afternoon. The gate keepers can sit beside the gate and open and close it when it is safe to allow someone to cross to or from the infield.

Rider's whip- makes sure the athletes are ready to compete on time. They work with the announcer to ensure things run smoothly.

Holders for standing start events- Time Trials, pursuits, kerins. They are needed Sat.afternoon, Sunday morning & Sunday afternoon.
Anika

Re: Trackfest Volunteers needed- Sat June 29th & Sun June 30

Post by Anika »

I'll be around to help out Sunday afternoon
Minda

Re: Trackfest Volunteers needed- Sat June 29th & Sun June 30

Post by Minda »

Anika- can you email me at mindar@uvic.ca so I can add you to the email list