Gentlemen's Race RR

Moderator: mfarnham

katew

Gentlemen's Race RR

Post by katew »

I don't have one.
I want one.

Saw photos that included an unidentified person in Baby Blue and I want a race report.

Please?

:)
kateweber.com
BearPope Recruit

Re: Gentlemen's Race RR

Post by BearPope Recruit »

Epic: Pink Bowties, Checkpoints, Human Bike Chain, Gravel Shortcuts, Carnage Wagon, Beer.
John D

Post by John D »

Right. Between this thread and the one that John T started last week (consisting solely of the poster from the movie "No Country For Old Men") I'm thinking the TSC Forum needs a new sub-category: "Obscure References and Inside Jokes".

Rolf can moderate it. :wink:
"Talk - Action = Zero" - Joe Keithley
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

I'm quite unsure I've absolutely no idea what you're talking about.
shawn

Post by shawn »

Epic sums it up pretty well. Also.....

http://www.stuckylife.com/2013/05/race- ... -race.html
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Why am I reminded of the first rule of Fight Club...? I presume few want to own up to encouraging young men to race "brake-less track bikes" on public roads in crappy conditions. :|
BearPope Recruit

Post by BearPope Recruit »

I had a great time! Enjoyed the teamwork & format of the race! Stuckylife did a great job of organizing & executing this event including tons of prizes & recognition all around (ladies, youth, gears/fixed...). The atmosphere was awesome & I look forward to the next adventure!

Pink Bowties: three ladies teams wore pink bowties as part of the costume, along with white shirts & vests

Checkpoints: race format to find 6 checkpoints with only a brief description & overview map

Human Bike Chain: several teams worked together on a steep slope to pass bikes to each other to get around the wall of cement lockblocks encountered on a gravel shortcut

Gravel Shortcuts: Choose your own adventure. Do you ride further on pavement or will it be quicker to ride gravel & save a few kms?

Carnage Wagon: a few very unfortunate spills on wet roads that the organizers handled very well

Beer: I think that is self explanatory?

Hope that helps! A TS team of Simon, Mike A, Kirsten A & Shawn were also out if you want details from them. Recommend coming out to the next one! Happy Pedaling ~Jen
ratched

Post by ratched »

Rolf wrote:Why am I reminded of the first rule of Fight Club...? I presume few want to own up to encouraging young men to race "brake-less track bikes" on public roads in crappy conditions. :|
And yet, oddly, not a single fixed gear bike crashed that day...