TTT - Picking teams

Club activities and announcements

Moderator: mfarnham

Dolly

Post by Dolly »

I'm in!! Chris, have you recovered from yesterday ams crash/concussion? Rob and David, can you get out of baseball duty? What about Mike B. and Colin A?
anthonyyue

TTT

Post by anthonyyue »

I just found out about my appointment! Good thing Eric called me before my blood donation (which I have promptly cancelled). Need all my RBCs.

Anthony
eric.partlow

The Flying Doctors are in!

Post by eric.partlow »

I spoke to anthony who confirms he will participate so the Flying Doctors team is ready to roll. He will be there with his Cervelo so I expect there will be two real TT bikes on our team. Now if we can just get Chris to try some aero bars. All I'll need is a bungy cord.

I'm hoping all 4 of us can be there Tuesday morning for UofV laps. We should also do TTT practice on Friday. We could try out the Cedar Hill X-Rd-Cad Bay-Henderson route proposed by Colin. Perhaps we should do a special TTT training day Thursday so we don't have to spoil the Friday ride. Teams should work more on steady pacing, smooth transitions, technique and signals than raw speed but I'm sure Tuesday will be a real burner again like last week.

If you havn't looked yet the TTT Bible is a must review with 10 great tips.

For those of you not yet signed up you should organize something now! Mike B. and Dolly are confirmed and are waiting for some replies - anyone able to do it? This is going to be a lot of fun and a great workout. Remember you are racing against an age and sex adjusted average time for your team, not really against each other. For once I may not actually come in last place.

Without scaring anyone too much here is a link to a map of the course. If the link works you can click on "show elevation" in the upper right to see the hills. Looks challenging with some 3 and 4% grades but most of it is gentle. I think I have the course right - simply West on Nanaimo River Road 17 km.

http://www.mapmyride.com/ride/canada/bc ... 3522580340

Bolt on those bars, lube your chain, and tighten up the brakes.
See you Tuesday.
Cheers,
Eric
ART BOY
Site Admin

thsnks Eric

Post by ART BOY »

Thanks for the map Eric - the topo view is great, I think we're turning and climbing right?
I'm happy with the goupings :) can't wait

Do those crazy sticks at the end of your bars do any good - should I have some?..

I guess I'll do my best to get to take off in the morning - wish me luck
GALEN DAVISON

Artist

www.galendavison.com
------------------------------------------------
"What I dream of is an art of balance." Henri Matisse
Roland

Post by Roland »

Do we still need volunteers? I'm willing to help out rather than race.
compete: 1620, from Fr. compéter "be in rivalry with"
eric.partlow

Post by eric.partlow »

Roland,
Are you kidding? Who will post a graph of HR vs elevation corrected for team position? I do enjoy your analytical race reports.

For those not yet assigned it should go something like this-

Team Diesel: Alan away so : Galen, Roland, Dave S, Norm

Pocket Rockets: Dave can't so : Mike B, Dolly, Rob and Chris

That also leaves a few ringers unanswered - Jarius, Scotty, Emile, Ryan?

We can discus tomorrow and make some commitments so we can train together this week. Hope for a big group in the morning.
Cheers,
Eric
eric.partlow

Post by eric.partlow »

Galen,

The elevation graph reads the other way and has the start at the left and the 17 km turn around point at the right. On the regular topo map we start on the right in the east and ride west, upriver, and uphill (hopefully not also into a headwind). After the turnaround we come back up the steepest grade at 4%, then over the top, then blast down 12.5km to the start/finish line - then do it a second time.

I think it will be very technical.

Dolly and I are going up island for the weekend to visit my folks in Qualicum and we plan to ride the course on Saturday. If anyone else is planning to be up there let us know and we can do it together.

Cheers,
Eric
eric.partlow

Pocket Rockets need someone

Post by eric.partlow »

The Pocket Rocket team is coming up short and I want to put a call out to anyone lurking who has not yet made a commitment to the race.

Chris M. will probably be there but Rob has said he can't do it. Mike and Dolly are both really keen.

I rode with Kevin this AM on another group ride and encouraged him to come. I think he will but I failed to get his number. So Kevin, if your out there, or if anyone has his email address, let me know. My email is listed next to my name in the membershp list at the top of the page, but most people have not done this.

If there is anyone else interestd in the race let us know asap. It would be a shame to have a 3 member team do the ride.
Come on - share the pain.
How about John G - I know you secretly want to wear our gear at a race;
Or Alec W - you don't look too fat and out of shape to me;
Or Al W - you don't look too sick to me;
Or how about Jarius?, Josh?, Darrel?

Carpooling, prizes, and beer afterwards with the bikers at the Cedar Pub - what could be more fun than a roadtrip to Nanaimo this Sunday. Let us know if your interested.
Cheers,
Eric
Ramsey

Post by Ramsey »

Eric,
Know a Kevin - new to town, been riding with the Wheelers on Saturday, rides a Lightspeed, usually wearing Cali-based team kits, and ALWAYS pink socks. Is this your mystery rider?? If so, can sell you his contact info..
Also, will check with Jairus.
R
Plawless

Post by Plawless »

Eric,

Do you mean Kevin Kitson? Lawyer for the Province? Rides in Oak Bay Gear on a red bike? Used to ride with us regulalry and bumped into the Farm Team ride last week? If so let me know and I will call him.
eric.partlow

Post by eric.partlow »

Peter,
that's him. He rode again with the farm team yesterday, he is fit enough to do the race. He must have an unlisted phone. You can give him a call or forward his contact info to me by email.
Thanks,
Eric
Plawless

Post by Plawless »

I have a call into him already.....c'mon pocket rockets!