Tripleshot takes Hurricane Ridge

Club activities and announcements

Moderator: mfarnham

John D

Tripleshot takes Hurricane Ridge

Post by John D »

Hi all...

The TSC Exec is pleased to announce the first Tripleshot Hurricane Ridge Ride, which will take place on Sunday, August 18th. The plan is to take the first Coho ferry departure to Port Angeles at 6:10am and return to Victoria on the 12:45pm sailing.

More details to follow soon...stay tuned!

John
"Talk - Action = Zero" - Joe Keithley
Anika

Re: Tripleshot takes Hurricane Ridge

Post by Anika »

There's a badass imperial century loop around crescent lake in port angeles....would anyone be interested in a 160k after hurricane ridge?
barton bourassa

Post by barton bourassa »

I can only go for the day!!
Barton Bourassa
sylvan

Post by sylvan »

barton bourassa wrote:I can only go for the day!!
Dude. There's a 9:30 p.m. return trip on the Coho that day. That's plenty of time to get in the double ride and to slam some post-ride cold ones to enhance the sensations of 220 km in the saddle before pouring yourself back onto the boat in an ideal, fitness-enhancing state of disrepair. I'm in if I'm not working that weekend, which I probably will be :-(
Anika

Post by Anika »

That's right! More than enough time and zero chance of coffee shop procrastination along the loop as there is one gas station and one pub/dinner diner along the whole route and that's it. Hard man's ride with beautiful scenery
John D

Post by John D »

There's a badass imperial century loop around crescent lake in port angeles....would anyone be interested in a 160k after hurricane ridge?
And here I thought April Fool's Day was last Monday. :wink:
"Talk - Action = Zero" - Joe Keithley
AndreaR

Post by AndreaR »

Count me in for the climb, out for the super long day. :D
FairweatherMike

Post by FairweatherMike »

Whoa - I haven't seen anything this heroically crazy since "who's riding up to Nanaimo for the ride back?" in 2009. Count me in for the full-meal deal if I can get a week of decent sleeps. My enduring memory of HR in August is the sheltered rock pockets along the way that multiply the heat of the sun - kind of like riding through a smelting furnace. Water and food was gone 2/3 of the way up! :shock: Best to break out that triathlete hardware so your bike is festooned with more external tanks than a combat-ready F-18...

One question about the loop: is it paved all the way, and if so, any idea what shape it's in?
Mike Skinner
Anika

Post by Anika »

It's one third highway with super wide shoulder and two thirds chip seal but good chip seal. Fairly good roads
sylvan

Post by sylvan »

FairweatherMike wrote:Whoa - I haven't seen anything this heroically crazy since "who's riding up to Nanaimo for the ride back?" in 2009.
I gotta get back into doing rides like this. I remember doing a 245 km Nanaimo return and a 217 km Esquimalt to Renfrew return (way tougher than Nanaimo) about 6 days apart. That kind of ride puts hair on your chest, and steel in your legs. You want ripped legs of steel, don't you? Or do you want to be soft? Steel is still real, even if most bikes are plastic nowadays.
Paul C.

Post by Paul C. »

Yes Sylvan I think you should do more EPIC rides....and we have just the ride for you and other hardcore Tripleshot members and friends:

The BIG LOOP RIDE Sunday ,July 7--270km
Starbucks Cook st, Sooke, Pt Renfrew, Cowichan, Duncan, Shawnigan ,Victoria.
More info to follow. Start Training.
spearson

Post by spearson »

In.
Curran

Post by Curran »

Sounds good to me!
sylvan

Post by sylvan »

I'm timing the AxelFondo that weekend in Penticton but I'm planning on a big loop or two during the summer for sure.
katew

Post by katew »

THIS?!

http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/136849213

After going up Hurricane Ridge?

Anika, you're a sick, sick puppy.

Sylvan, has Dieter/Grunter/Whateverhisnameis met Noa? She'll kill me for even thinking about it.

Hmm. I wonder if I could do that.

:)
kateweber.com
Anika

Post by Anika »

Yeah, that one! It'll be easy though because you'll have warmed up a bit on hurricane ridge and all the climbs on the ride will seem easy in comparison :wink:
katew

Post by katew »

Updating this post to verify important bits:

The Hurricane Ridge Ride will be Sunday August 18. We will be sailing on the 6:10 AM Coho. That means you must be down at the terminal no later than 5:30 AM. Srsly. You may return on boats departing Port Angeles at 12:45 PM, 5:20 PM, or 9:30 PM. After Anika's performance this weekend, any of you who are still keen on chasing her around an extra 100 miles, you just go do that. I'm not waiting for you.

Tripleshot Cycling is pleased to subsidize half of the ferry fare and all of the admission to Olympic National Park for the first forty paid up members to commit by putting down their half ($25) of the ferry fare here in the Tripleshot Store.

http://bikehart.com/cart/index.php?main ... ucts_id=53

No, TSC will not be providing refunds if you change your mind later (e.g., in the event that your mother-in-law drops into town and your presence is required.)
Yes, your signing-upping is transferable to another person (e.g., in the event that his mother-in-law drops into town and he wants to get out of Dodge fast.) Just let us know so we buy tickets in the correct names.

We need a car and someone to drive it to carry spare wheels and our pick-i-nick basket[1]. I do not believe that the car-driver would be obligated to trail the extra-loopers and pick up Anika's victims after she leaves them for the vultures.

You must bring your passport. You must not bring fresh produce. You probably want to bring layers. Might not be a bad idea to have a few greenbacks in your pocket. You'd be nuts not to bring health insurance for the US.

Cheers,

Kate, on behalf of TS Exec.

[1] Dear Tripleshot Youth: Back in the dark ages, there was this cartoon bear, see, and his name was Yogi, and he lived in an American national park with his buddy Booboo and they liked to appropriate pick-i-nick baskets and, well... yes.
kateweber.com
spearson

Post by spearson »

Paid.
AndreaR

Post by AndreaR »

In. Ridge only, none of this extra 100 miles nonsense :P
BRob

Post by BRob »