Christmas Party - How Can I Help?

Club activities and announcements

Moderator: mfarnham

The Princess

Re: Christmas Party - How Can I Help?

Post by The Princess »

Bar Stuff - supplies, set up and clean up
1. Norm Marcy
2. Lisa Hill - I won't be able to get there early to set up but can get some stuff before hand, help with clean up, and make sure everyone is drinking their fair share (even if it is just water)!
katew

Post by katew »

Well, dang. That's what I get for putting this off. I'll help clean up. :)
wonger wrote:See additional duties at the bottom...

Set-Up
(4:00 - 6:00)
1. Al W
2.Michael W
3. Barton
4. Shawn Courtney
5. Alysha Courtney
6. Richard T.

Clean Up
(11:00 - 12:00)
1. Al W
2. Stéphane Tran
3. Kate Weber

Slide Show
(collect/compile images from members and others, set to music, make us look heroic. Includes sourcing projector and laptop)
1. Andrew A
2. Calgary Steve

Pot Luck
(set up, get supplies, ensure food is brought and is delicious!)
1. Barton
2. Mark Ford
3. Paula - can cajole people to bring food

AGM
(run business portion of meeting, record minutes)
1. Peter Lawless
2. John Dower
3. Lister (make trophies, junior slide show images)

Tickets
(design, produce, sell and turn money over to TS treasurer)
1. Brent Scofield
2. Paula (not much of a designer or producer, but can sell and turn money over to TS treasurer)

Bar Stuff
(we are planning on hiring a bartender, so this would include picking up supplies, helping with set up and clean up)
1. Norman Marcy
2. Lisa Hill - I won't be able to get there early to set up but can get some stuff before hand, help with clean up, and make sure everyone is drinking their fair share (even if it is just water)!

Music
(provide a playlist for the evening that doesn't suck, and something to play it on)
1. Quentin Liedtke (I can also do a full sound reinforcement if required: mics, mixer, slideshow audio, etc...)

Prizes
(source and collect prizes from sponsors and other businesses for distribution through awards and door prizes)
kateweber.com
Krostini

Post by Krostini »

Ditto...

See additional duties at the bottom...

Set-Up
1. Al W
2.Michael W
3. Barton
4. Shawn Courtney
5. Alysha Courtney
6. Richard T.

Clean Up
1. Al W
2. Stéphane Tran
3. Kate Weber
4.kristin Scott

Slide Show
(collect/compile images from members and others, set to music, make us look heroic. Includes sourcing projector and laptop)
1. Andrew A
2. Calgary Steve

Pot Luck
1. Barton
2. Mark Ford

AGM
1. Peter Lawless
2. John Dower

Tickets
1. Brent Scofield
2. Paula (not much of a designer or producer, but can sell and turn money over to TS treasurer)

Bar Stuff
(we are planning on hiring a bartender, so this would include picking up supplies, helping with set up and clean up)
1. Norman Marcy

Music
(provide a playlist for the evening that doesn't suck, and something to play it on)
1. Quentin Liedtke (I can also do a full sound reinforcement if required: mics, mixer, slideshow audio, etc...)

Prizes
(source and collect prizes from sponsors and other businesses for distribution through awards and door prizes)
Vanessa

Post by Vanessa »

Set-Up
1. Al W
2.Michael W
3. Barton
4. Shawn Courtney
5. Alysha Courtney
6. Richard T.

Clean Up
1. Al W
2. Stéphane Tran
3. Kate Weber
4.kristin Scott
5. Vanessa S

Slide Show
1. Andrew A
2. Calgary Steve

Pot Luck
1. Barton
2. Mark Ford

AGM
1. Peter Lawless
2. John Dower

Tickets
1. Brent Scofield

Bar Stuff
1. Norman Marcy

Music

Prizes
FairweatherMike

Post by FairweatherMike »

Double Dang - I have a conflicting family B-day party that evening, but I should be back before 11 and can be added to the cleanup list. Being somewhat OCD (certain folks have said my bike is unnaturally clean) I am actually rather gifted in the clean-up department...
Mike Skinner
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

I can help clean. Sorry I can't stomach soliciting for prizes.

Set-Up
1. Al W
2.Michael W
3. Barton
4. Shawn Courtney
5. Alysha Courtney
6. Richard T.

Clean Up
1. Al W
2. Stéphane Tran
3. Kate Weber
4.kristin Scott
5. Vanessa S
6.Marcus

Slide Show
1. Andrew A
2. Calgary Steve

Pot Luck
1. Barton
2. Mark Ford

AGM
1. Peter Lawless
2. John Dower

Tickets
1. Brent Scofield

Bar Stuff
1. Norman Marcy

Music

Prizes
wonger

Post by wonger »

So, there is now a somewhat urgent need for bartenders for the party. As it is short notice, we are offering the added incentive of free drinks during your shift as a bartender. Please note that you have to be of legal drinking age to volunteer in this capacity.

Shifts as follows:

1. 6:00 - 7:30
a) Geoff
b)

2. 7:30 - 9:00
a)
b)

3. 9:00 - 10:00
a)
b)

4. 10:00 - 11:00
a)
b)

Thanks in advance for your help!
steve

Post by steve »

Geoff,

You had me at "Free drinks" - I'll do 6-7:30 or until I pass out.

a) Geoff
b) Steve Young

a)
b)

a)
b)

a)
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

a) Geoff
b) Steve Young

a)
b)

a)
b)

a) Rolf
sylvan

Post by sylvan »

Do you have to be, like, a bartender, to do this? I am not a UCI-licensed bartender but I have mixed a lot of drinks in my amateur career. I think my paralyzers are consistently professional-quality - they never curdle. I don't tend to talk a lot but I can be a good listener which could help on a later shift if anybody needs to unload some emotional baggage.
wonger

Post by wonger »

Crisis averted - we have secured a celebrity bartender to take care of all your needs (libation-wise, as long as they are beer, wine or soft drink themed). Jelly Belly pro Nic Hamilton will be on duty pouring drinks for you. Thanks to those who stepped up.

And I'm sure Sylvan will still be available to listen to your drunken sob story later that evening.
katew

Post by katew »

wonger wrote:And I'm sure Sylvan will still be available to listen to your drunken sob story later that evening.
So, like, there I was, trying to wash the cowpie off my shorts in the unbridged creek without getting washed away downstream, see, when I looked up, and through the tangle of blackberry, I saw it. The biggest, meanest, angriest looking bunny ^h^h^h^h^h bull ^h^h^h^h grizzly bear (yes, that's it. grizzly bear) I have ever seen!

The horror. The horror.

Sylvan, pour me another.
kateweber.com