Light order update

Club activities and announcements

Moderator: mfarnham

Andrew

Light order update

Post by Andrew »

In case you missed it in the classifieds, I submitted the order for lights September 25th. The first 20 sets (1220 lumens) were shipped from Hong Kong September 30th but have not arrived yet. They are still within their advertized shipping window of 14 days, although last year the whole process took a week. The second set of 22 (900 Lumens) have not been shipped yet and and have submitted another order of 12 (two orders of 6) which is still processing. I may change the order if they don't have stock for the 900 lumens. There is a 900-1200 lumen option which is highly rated, looks then same. I may also upgrade shipping to expedited if possible and not too expensive. I will do another order tonight for another ten. I am doing smaller batches to see if this will help. I will keep you posted. When they arrive I will try to get lights to those of you in dire need of lights first.
Andrew

Re: Light order update

Post by Andrew »

First two light sets are in, they were supposed to be 1200 lumen but box says 900(??). I expect them remaining 20 sets from that batch in the next couple of days, hopefully tomorrow. I will bring the two sets tomorrow and will carry them to coffee. Please PM me if you are in dire need of lights, otherwise I will do it in order of ordering. Please bring cash or a cheque. Thanks Andrew
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Andrew wrote:First two light sets are in, they were supposed to be 1200 lumen but box says 900(??). I expect them remaining 20 sets from that batch in the next couple of days, hopefully tomorrow. I will bring the two sets tomorrow and will carry them to coffee. Please PM me if you are in dire need of lights, otherwise I will do it in order of ordering. Please bring cash or a cheque. Thanks Andrew

These lights are definitely the 1200s as described and reviewed online. I tested them and they are the same as the 900s in terms of packaging, set up etc.. The difference is the reflector is smooth not orange peel and the light is brighter and throws a whiter brighter light straight out kind of like a freight train headlight, but still a reasonable diffusion pattern laterally. I think they will be good for road riding in particular, especially at high speeds. Getting the lights secure on the bar will be critical for these ones.
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

sorry I missed the ride, I came in to work to catch up at 0500 and got bogged down ..
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

18 more sets of lights in today all 1200 lumens 8)

These are the people that signed up for 1200s:
Peter
Liam
Duncan
Doug C. (4 sets)
MShepard
Oliver
Lara (2 sets)
Lana M
Curran
Mike W
Rita

I ordered eight sets personally but can wait. For those who ordered 900 lumen sets, I would suggest taking 1200s instead and if you like them keep them, if not, when the 900s come in we can switch the heads as that is the only variation between the types of sets.

In order:
Hugh (2 sets and paid!)
Kate
Rolf
John D
Barton
Josh (2 sets)
Doug C (3 sets)
Jim P
Richard K
Greg M (2 sets)
Steve L
Paula
Glenowyn
Mike Peters (2 sets)
Chris M
Allison
Paul C
Bruce S (3 sets)

I would appreciate it that people who ordered multiple 1200 sets take only what they need. For those who want to change to 1200s will do so based on availability and when ordered. I expect the next sets will be in no sooner than 2 weeks. I will be home this evening, PM me if you want to come by and get them. I will be out of town the rest of the weekend and will try to arrange for pickup if you can't make it. (I need cash or cheque)

Andrew
Julie

Post by Julie »

Is it too late to order a 1200 lumen light x 2?
The Princess

Post by The Princess »

I would order 2 of the 1200 lumen lights too and will pay cash up front if there is another order going in!

Please let me know if another order will be going in. Sorry, I don't check the forum very often, but I will!

Thanks,
Lisa
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

The next 26 sets are rolling in, mix of 900-1200 (diffuse beam) and 1200s (long beam). Please private message (PM) me if you want to get them this weekend. I have another 40 sets on order (submitted Oct 19th) but they are back ordered. I am thus going to give priority to TSC team members and those most in need of lights. Given that the lights are back ordered I am not going to make any more orders. There will be some extra sets for club members.
bikehart

Post by bikehart »

Andrew,
Where can I meet you to pick up some lights?
Hugh
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Just to let you know lights are available, PM me to pick up. Need a cheque or cash when you get them. I wont be riding this week. Andrew
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Another update: all backorders are filled and all lights are in transit!
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

I have 25 sets of lights, another ten or so coming in.
They are going like hotcakes now so PM me and get them or you will miss out!
You can also email me at andrewattwell@hotmail.com
Thanks,
Andrew