Mechanical

YouTube videos, Pickle juice discussion, doping accusations, etc.

Moderator: mfarnham

eric.partlow

Mechanical

Post by eric.partlow »

We couldn't fix this one. Still can't believe I didn't hit the deck this morning when my crank broke on the second little hill of KGT. Everyone who saw this was quite surprised as was the shop mechanic. Thought I'd post a picture to document the catastrophic cabon fibre failure of my 4 year old FSA crank. I'm sure Lister will enjoy this one. I bought an Ultegra alloy replacement in case your curious. I'm now also almost looking forward to some rain so I can ride my steel bike. Cheers
crank arm.JPG
norman marcy

Re: Mechanical

Post by norman marcy »

i replaced my FSA with Dura ace last yr before the Whistler ride. the insert for the pedal shaft was coming out Seems like the metal ( aluminum) to carbon connections are a weakness

hope you did not get seriously hurt

Norman
Paul C.

Re: Mechanical

Post by Paul C. »

I know some of the bike Co.s, cover frames for lfe and other parts for at least a year...I know MEC would probably take this back, even more than 3 years old???

Any people have other experiences taking back other deffective bike stuff we can learn from,

,,Russ Hays took back my cracked frame and upgraded to full Carbon and replaced one cracked wheel with 2 better ones.a Norco $2000 2009 model. pc