Fall 2012 Kit Order

all you ever wanted to know about ordering 3Shot Garb

Moderator: mfarnham

bikehart

Re: Fall 2012 Kit Order

Post by bikehart »

I was wondering the same thing...
Geoff do you know which jacket styles this design applies to?
black_jacket.jpeg
black_jacket.jpeg (15.27 KiB) Viewed 14721 times
wonger

Post by wonger »

bikehart wrote:I was wondering the same thing...
Geoff do you know which jacket styles this design applies to?
black_jacket.jpeg
That is the design for all jackets with the exception of:
1) the Custom Windguard Wind jacket (light wind jacket)
2) the CS Tech Fleece jacket
The above two items are the same design as the jersey. Hope that helps.
wonger

Post by wonger »

wonger wrote:Likely that I will leave the gear at my front door so people can drop by.

Okay this is not a good system. Schedule a time with me if you want to come by.
katew

Post by katew »

Oops. Hope we weren't too disruptive :(

Anyway, order placed - thanks so much for the new system: it is outstanding!

Kate
kateweber.com
EricS

Post by EricS »

Three questions:

I would like to know how to get the casual jacket that Lister has. It's dreamy. How do I order?

Also, is it just me or are the only two types of tights on Hugh's site "too hot for Victoria" and "way too hot for Victoria"? What kind of tights do TSers like? I've been using a set of what the Co-op used to call "thermo-lycra" tights for way too many years. They were great though. Kinda like spandex with a fuzzy brushed interior. What would you all recommend?

And finally, will there be an early spring order to get stuff like skin suits for next summer, or should I be searching Champ Sys for a skin suit now?

Thanks so much to Geoff and Hugh and any other Kit Gurus for your help with this!

Eric
Eric Simonson
wonger

Post by wonger »

EricS wrote:Three questions:

I would like to know how to get the casual jacket that Lister has. It's dreamy. How do I order?

Also, is it just me or are the only two types of tights on Hugh's site "too hot for Victoria" and "way too hot for Victoria"? What kind of tights do TSers like? I've been using a set of what the Co-op used to call "thermo-lycra" tights for way too many years. They were great though. Kinda like spandex with a fuzzy brushed interior. What would you all recommend?

And finally, will there be an early spring order to get stuff like skin suits for next summer, or should I be searching Champ Sys for a skin suit now?

Thanks so much to Geoff and Hugh and any other Kit Gurus for your help with this!

Eric
Ask Lister which jacket it is and place an order. There is a casual jacket on the Champ-sys.ca website. I was thinking about getting a better jacket from a different supplier in that design if there is interest in a TS non-cycling club jacket. Any takers? It usually takes a good 25 - 50 in order to get a reasonable price.

For tights (warmers) there are lycra and fleece. Get the fleece as lycra does nothing but act as sunscreen in my opinion. Same goes for tights.

There will definitely be ongoing orders - we only need 10 items to place an order - but given that delivery times can be months, it can't hurt to get your order in early.
bikehart

Post by bikehart »

Nice Eric, it must have been getting late when I wrote that...

"too hot for Victoria" and "way too hot for Victoria"?

But honestly I have never been able to wear my winter tights in Victoria. They are just too hot...and I don't mean hot.

I use regular shorts and leg warmers.

Hugh
Lister Farrar

Post by Lister Farrar »

Re the casual jacket, I'm pretty sure this is what I ordered. Nice for casual wear, not so good for cycling. Sleeves too short when you reach for the bars.
http://champ-sys.ca/custom/cycling/casu ... acket.html

Re tights, I have the Mec fleecy ones too for below 5 degrees. Nearly new, so haven't ordered club ones. Thicker leg warmers would be fine for knees but I need the extra layer, er, elsewhere.
Lister
"We're jammin', jammin',
And I hope you like jammin', too."
(Bob Marley)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QdwYY9rZL4
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

I have the CS Neo / CS Tech Fleece Bib Tights (i.e. the "way too hot for Victoria" ones) from a previous order and I've enjoyed them for two winters. Any time it's uncomfortably cold or wet for just knee warmers, these tights have been great. I've never found them to be too hot -- but then I only pull them out below 7 degrees or so.

Their best feature is the neoprene; it's only on the upper front panel, where one's tender bits really benefit from the wind protection. :o The rest of the leg is that super-thin fleece that keeps you cozy even when completely soaked and in the wind.
bikehart

Post by bikehart »

Eric,
I have added Lister's jacket....
http://bikehart.com/cart/index.php?main ... ucts_id=43
Enjoy,
Hugh
bikehart

Post by bikehart »

Just for fun I added the hoodie option and the pants. If there is anything else you want let me know and I will add it to the site:

http://bikehart.com/cart/index.php?main ... &cPath=1_8

Hugh
mlawless

Post by mlawless »

I like the casual Jacket that Lister has with the exception of (sorry to the sponsors who support us) the printing of sponsors on the back. I would be happy to pick-up a Jacket without sponsors either from Champ-Sys or another supplier.

Michael
creed

Post by creed »

bikehart wrote:Just for fun I added the hoodie option and the pants. If there is anything else you want let me know and I will add it to the site:

http://bikehart.com/cart/index.php?main ... &cPath=1_8

Hugh
The option for non fleece arm and leg warmers... thanks!
creed

Post by creed »

I also noticed that there is no way to indicate the size preference for the leg warmers or arm warmers on the website, how do we let you know what size we want?

Thanks.
Little G

Post by Little G »

creed wrote:I also noticed that there is no way to indicate the size preference for the leg warmers or arm warmers on the website, how do we let you know what size we want?

Thanks.
I noticed this too. I ordered a pair anyway. Can I please get a pair of Small fleece leg warmers? If possible, can we add custom neoprene shoe covers to the website for those upcoming cold wet rides?

Cheers

Glen
Last edited by Little G on Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
bikehart

Post by bikehart »

Well that is unfortunate. There are now sizes for arm and leg warmers and the booties.
Before we place the order I will check to make certain we have sizing from everyone who placed orders for these items.

I will add the Lycra warmers and neo booties now....
Hugh
Quentin

Post by Quentin »

How about this one: http://champ-sys.ca/custom-mobile-and-pda-cover.html

John Goluza has one of these and I'm super jealous!
creed

Post by creed »

A big thanks for getting the order site up and for updating it too. Much appreciated!
Lister Farrar

Post by Lister Farrar »

Quentin wrote:How about this one: http://champ-sys.ca/custom-mobile-and-pda-cover.html

John Goluza has one of these and I'm super jealous!
I want one!
Lister
"We're jammin', jammin',
And I hope you like jammin', too."
(Bob Marley)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QdwYY9rZL4
bikehart

Post by bikehart »

Q, I was looking at the case well. I will add it tonight...Hugh