Fall 2012 Kit Order

all you ever wanted to know about ordering 3Shot Garb

Moderator: mfarnham

bikehart

Fall 2012 Kit Order

Post by bikehart »

Wonger and I have been working on getting the next gear order together. But because I have an aversion to work I decided that it would be easier to set up some shopping cart software and add all the options, pictures, etc so you could all have a pleasant kit shopping experience.

Two months later we are ready to get started....

There are a few things we have not added to the site yet, all the casual clothing options and the 30 different versions of speed suits to name two. So if there is something you have found on the Champion Systems web site which is not in the kit order site post here and I will add it.

Go here to buy your kit:
http://bikehart.com/cart/

There are a couple important things to make note of:

The only way you can submit an order is by paying for it.

You will be asked to create an account by using an email address and password in order to check out.

The system is automated so you can pay with a credit card or PayPal. The whole idea is to eliminate the random collection of cash and cheques so that we make life easier for those doing the order and reduce the possibilities for mix ups. If you don't have a credit card or a computer, drag yourself out of the basement, go upstairs and talk to your mom about using hers.

The order will be submitted in bulk and shipped in bulk as usual. The HST is rolled into the price of each item and we've added a $5 shipping and handling fee to ensure that shipping costs as well as the 3% paypal charge is covered.

The order will be open until SEPTEMBER 15th. Spread the word, tell your friends. Don't miss your chance to get that winter gear.

Hugh and Geoff

P.S. The site is a little slow, please give the squirrel time to figure it out. thanks!
Last edited by bikehart on Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rolf

Re: Fall 2012 Kit Order

Post by Rolf »

Bravo! Free coffee for you guys!
steve

Post by steve »

Nice job guys, that looks like a lot of time and work! I'd encourage those of us who have previously ordered gear to provide reviews for the products for newer club members - it is difficult to know exactly what to purchase and most of us (mike lawless excluded) are unable to buy one of everything!
mlawless

Post by mlawless »

What do you mean 'one' of everything - that is not how I roll - if it is on sale you can buy two!
leftcoaster

Post by leftcoaster »

September 15st? or 15th :)
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

leftcoaster wrote:September 15st? or 15th :)
pedant
2. A person who excessively reveres or parades academic learning or technical knowledge, often without discrimination or practical judgement. Hence also: one who is excessively concerned with accuracy over trifling details of knowledge, or who insists on strict adherence to formal rules or literal meaning. [http://www.oed.com - emphasis added]

(It takes one to know one... :P )
Lister Farrar

Post by Lister Farrar »

Fantastic Hugh!

Many thanks.

Lister
Lister
"We're jammin', jammin',
And I hope you like jammin', too."
(Bob Marley)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QdwYY9rZL4
alritchie

Post by alritchie »

Ordering site looks awesome.

I have a question re: sizing.

I ordered my first tripleshot kit in this past spring order, where there were sizing issues. I went for large bib shorts that fit, and a medium long-sleeve jersey (similar size to what i wear in most cycling gear). The medium jersey fits, but just, a touch short in the sleeves maybe.

So my question is should I get a large considering that medium may have been too big based on the past jersey sizing issue?

Thanks,

Alex
Dave L

Post by Dave L »

Hugh and Geoff, thanks for setting this up.

If anyone is thinking of ordering a longsleeved windjacket (the one Barton likes, apparently), I ordered a Medium the last go round and it is too big for me. Other than trying it on, it is unworn. If you are considering ordering a Large, let me know and hopefully we can work something out.

Barton - how about you?

Dave
wonger

Post by wonger »

I've got a fit kit coming from Champ Systems. It includes jackets and vests - no shorts or jerseys. When it gets here I will post and people can arrange to come by and try on different sizes.

The shorts and jerseys seem to be pretty similar to older kit in general. The sleeves on the jerseys have been designed to be longer. I also found that the overall length of the jersey is slightly longer. My shorts fit well and may be just a little shorter than the older stuff.

If you really need to, ask around and I'm sure that you will find another member who would be willing to let you try on their kit. Just spare us and don't do it in the Pareto parking lot.
wonger

Post by wonger »

alritchie wrote:Ordering site looks awesome.

I have a question re: sizing.

I ordered my first tripleshot kit in this past spring order, where there were sizing issues. I went for large bib shorts that fit, and a medium long-sleeve jersey (similar size to what i wear in most cycling gear). The medium jersey fits, but just, a touch short in the sleeves maybe.

So my question is should I get a large considering that medium may have been too big based on the past jersey sizing issue?

Thanks,

Alex
Hmm, not a simple question. The first order of jerseys was bigger than the regular sizing - a one time production problem. The replacement jerseys were a pretty close match to the originals. So, if your medium is from the original order, it probably fits more like a large, so I would order a large. There's also the choice between race cut - a closer fit - and club cut for those of us who appreciate a more generous cut. I have a large race cut that you are welcome to try on.
MWhiticar

Post by MWhiticar »

Hugh and Geoff,

Just placed an order for a few winter duds. The order system is great... WOW!

Many, many thanks for all your work and planning.

I'll be even especially appreciative when it is dark and cold (i.e., only for that one week at the end of January)

Michael
bikehart

Post by bikehart »

Thanks!
The orders are begining to roll in.
I can't wait to get my hands on a set
of those cozy fleece tights.
Have a great day,
Hugh
steve

Post by steve »

Just wondering if anyone has the "Custom Neo Neoprene Cycling Jacket" and how they find it works for them in the winter months. I have the thermoshield vest and find it is great but would like something to cover my arms on those really cold days or protection for my arms when it really rains. I think the thermoshield jacket with full arms would be too heavy 90% of the time.

Thanks
Steve
AndreaR

Post by AndreaR »

Any advice on winter jackets? I get cold pretty easily but am willing to layer up. I really want a jacket this year, but it's hard to imagine what the weights are for each jacket. Geoff, I'd definitely be interested in seeing the different jackets you get from the samples.
Thanks!
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

I've used a thermoshield jacket happily for two winters and I've never found it wanting. At some point in November I go from wearing a poly undershirt, jersey, windvest and arm warmers to just a jersey and the thermoshield. On really cold days (sub +4 Celsius) I'll wear more than just a jersey underneath, but that fleece lining really works. Great in the wet, too.

My only complaint would be that it probably doesn't fit as snugly as neoprene would, but I dunno that for sure.
AndreaR

Post by AndreaR »

Thanks Rolf, that's the one I was looking at, so now I know what to order. I'll be all snuggly in my Thermoshield and fleece leg warmers :)
wonger

Post by wonger »

Fit kit is here. Drop me a pm if you would like to come by and try something on. Likely that I will leave the gear at my front door so people can drop by. We're working on the honour system, please be careful to keep the samples clean so that we don't get charged for them.
John D

Post by John D »

wonger wrote: Likely that I will leave the gear at my front door so people can drop by.
Please tell me that you've warned your neighbours. It's bad enough that the Oak Bay cops already have it in for us without adding reports of public indecency into the mix. :wink:
"Talk - Action = Zero" - Joe Keithley
creed

Post by creed »

Thank guys for setting up the website, it's fantastic. I have one question about jackets. Are they they same design as the new jerseys or are they different? I seem to remember looking at the 3D proof of the design awhile back and noting the jackets were a different design, more like a traditional look with horizontal stripes?

Thanks again!