Thursday 50km hammerfest ride.

Moderator: mfarnham

Josh.E

Thursday 50km hammerfest ride.

Post by Josh.E »

Shawn, Peter, Sylvan and myself at starbucks this AM to do the prospect lake 50km loop. Sylvan had to turn back with a mechanical early on, so the rest of the ride was the three of us.

Good hard ride this morning. Shawn seems to have his high end aerobic fitness back in spades after his claim that touring the Oregon coast on a fully loaded commuter robbed him of it. Only one animal attack to report. Shawn got swarmed by a flock of very small birds. I'm pretty sure one managed to fly through his spokes (without getting taken out). No crash. I think the animals have all gone nuts around victoria lately.

The three of us averaged 36.1km/h according to my Garmin, which is the fastest so far for that loop that I've been on. The fastest time stands at 37.1km/h with the big group last week.
Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.
shawnc

Re: Thursday 50km hammerfest ride.

Post by shawnc »

thebirds.jpg
thebirds.jpg (35.19 KiB) Viewed 4722 times
sylvan

Post by sylvan »

Mechanical problem indeed: the nut holding the bars was too weak. Back for more in a couple of weeks :cry:
John D

Post by John D »

>I think the animals have all gone nuts around victoria lately.

We're obviously long overdue for either a mega-thrust earthquake or a magnetic pole reversal. I'm a scientist - trust me.

J.
"Talk - Action = Zero" - Joe Keithley
AlW

Post by AlW »

Josh.E wrote:I think the animals have all gone nuts around victoria lately.
Only the ones that ride bikes. 40km/h average for the some of the "A" rides! Madness!