Latoria - July 24

Moderator: mfarnham

Jimmy

Latoria - July 24

Post by Jimmy »

I decided to go "C" afterall as I had goaded a few into coming out. Kris, Richie, Michael Lawless and myself made up the biggest team as the O2 guys were missing other than Keith Kendal. Two of the PC youngsters and one other made up the smaller field. Tactics of a smaller group are quite different as the breaks are harder to get away. We were the dominant force and had a few attempts but no breaks would get away. Partly to do with the kids as they just think the pace is quickening. We certainly had some laughs and great camaraderie between competitors. In the end, we all turned the final corner as a bunch for the final sprint. Richie and I had the lead but a bad gear selction left me spinning and watching Richie pull away for the win! I have to get braver at keeping a bigger gear for the adrenalin burst uphill to the finishes. Ultimately, we accomplished what we hoped for but our organization kind of fell apart on the last few laps and could use some work. It just turned into individual efforts which we got away with but not against better organized teams.
rhughes

Re: Latoria - July 24

Post by rhughes »

Yeah Jimmy, I thought you were right there with me--next time! It was close. Thanks for taking the lead out on the final. Kristen did a long pull right near the end--wow!! Everyone out there worked at the front at least somewhat so that was great. Certainly was a "polite" race if there ever was one.

Ritchie