Newton Heights July 11th

Moderator: mfarnham

Jimmy

Newton Heights July 11th

Post by Jimmy »

Well, that was different. No "C" cat tonight so a trial by fire bump to "B". Pace is higher which isn't a huge problem but going from 8 laps to 15 on such a hilly race really adds to the adjustment. Al and I were looking around for other TS'ers and he can give a roster along with results better than me. I just had my head down and grinding. A bunch of racers were pulling out here and there along with a few that just pulled off for a rest so keeping track of who was where was impossible from my seat. All I know is the leaders lapped me once and then as I was expecting to get the bell lap, I got lapped again on the uphill which was a bit disheartening and welcomed relief at the same time. Thanks to Al for looking for me and encouraging me with a wheel to follow when he could. Great workout - who knows what happened! Hahah
EricS

Re: Newton Heights July 11th

Post by EricS »

Awesome effort everyone. My race was the ride out, but many of you endured the punishment.

Taylor had a great break away with him sitting 40 seconds ahead of the chase group of six for most of the race. It wasn't until the final sprint that Richard W caught him and beat him to the line. Awesome work both of you.

BTW: Richard just finished the BC Bike Race on the weekend too.

Many other hardcore TSers in the fray as well. I don't know how you can even get up that climb.

Well done,

E
Eric Simonson