Tuesday Morning Complaints

Club activities and announcements

Moderator: mfarnham

Plawless

Tuesday Morning Complaints

Post by Plawless »

I have now had a series of complaints abuut how loud we are on Tuesday mornings on the Box. I think that in the summer when the groups are so big (and therefore loud) we probably need to head back to the Old School way of doing things - Ring Road.

I suggest the groups do sprints every 3rd lap and we not count total laps but look at time - if we finish the last lap at about 6:40-6:43 we are good to be on the same schedule. So starting Tuesday lets give it a whirl - ok?

Peter
AlW

Re: Tuesday Morning Complaints

Post by AlW »

Plawless wrote:I have now had a series of complaints abuut how loud we are on Tuesday mornings on the Box.
My first thought was that the noise would have to be over a certain level at a given time during the day to qualify as excessive, however, according to the Oak Bay anti-noise bylaw, it is more about perception than actual noise levels.

From the Oak Bay Anti-Noise bylaw (3210)

4 (1) shouting, using a megaphone, or making other noise in or at or on streets, parks,
wharves, docks, piers, boatlandings or other public place in such a manner liable
to disturb the quiet, peace, rest, enjoyment, comfort or convenience of individuals
or the public;"

and....

7 Any person who violates any provision of this Bylaw is guilty of an offence and liable
upon summary conviction to a fine of not more than One Thousand Dollars ($1,000.00).
For the purpose of this clause an offence shall be deemed committed upon each day
during or on which a violation occurs or continues. :shock: