TS Dove Creek Masters Project

Club activities and announcements

Moderator: mfarnham

Lister Farrar

Re: TS Dove Creek Masters Project

Post by Lister Farrar »

With Windsor Park coming up Sunday, and a criterium on a flat circuit with 3 x 90 degree corners at Dove Creek, I was thinking we should do a version of our drills, with corners on the Windsor circuit. How would Friday am be, instead of the normal route?

We can take turns watching for cars. We can start with the Friday drill, and switch to smaller group intervals if necessary. If too many want to to it, we could do two mornings, say Thursday and Friday.
Lister
"We're jammin', jammin',
And I hope you like jammin', too."
(Bob Marley)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QdwYY9rZL4
EricS

Post by EricS »

Love it. I suck at cornering. I could do both mornings. Spotting and riding.

Eric
Eric Simonson
barton bourassa

Post by barton bourassa »

Sounds like a great idea. I'll be there either Thurs or Fri. Shall we meet at Windsor at 6?

I would encourage all my fellow C riders to come out for this one. Hugely beneficial in building skill and confidence on corners in a group!
Barton Bourassa
Paul C.

Post by Paul C. »

I will come out for Windsor practice Thursday and/or Friday. Meet at ???? I am doing the Windsor Crit , C race July 8 and possibly also July 22. So come on out C and B riders. And Thanks Lister for your ongoing time and energy to help us, new Tripleshot racers! pc
Jimmy

Post by Jimmy »

I don't have many cycling strengths but the one aspect I do master is cornering and cornering tactics. Years of competitive auto and motorcycle racing has given me a big advantage on that end.
A ton of confidence can be gained from understanding the physics of tire design and tractive grip force vs slip. The total grip % needs to be looked at in regards to acceleration, braking as well as cornering.
Race cornering tactics are pretty much the same for all wheeled sports. With a good feel for the dynamics, your safety improves and you'll be looking forward to challenging corners instead of dreading them.
rhughes

Post by rhughes »

Souns great Listar! I plan to do the Sunday crit and be there Friday (I am nursing--another--bad back which is why I have been missing practices)

Ritchie
barton bourassa

Post by barton bourassa »

I am out of town Friday and all of next week. I can do Thursday if it is on for that day?
Barton Bourassa
Quentin

Post by Quentin »

Are we still on for tomorrow? Meet at Pareto at 6:00am?
EricS

Post by EricS »

I haven't heard back from Lister yet, but I just remembered that my bike is in pieces right now, so I will wait till Friday to try Windsor Park.

Barton and Paul seemed to be on for Thursday, but I'm not sure who else.

Sorry,

Eric
Eric Simonson
Quentin

Post by Quentin »

Alright, since it looks like no one has completely committed, I'll wait until Friday too.
Lister Farrar

Post by Lister Farrar »

It's on. Need more people though or we'll be marshaling corners for... nobody! Lol

(this post has been sitting on my phone for hours waiting for me to hit the submit button. Sorry. I will be there for anyone that wants to come though.)
Lister
"We're jammin', jammin',
(Bob Marley)
Lister Farrar

Post by Lister Farrar »

Btw at Windsor at 6 Thursday. Tba where to meet Friday. Pareto to drag a few over?
Lister
"We're jammin', jammin',
(Bob Marley)
Lister Farrar

Post by Lister Farrar »

I'm thinking we should meet at Pareto so people who don't read here regularly can have the option.

And no worry if anyone wants to stick with traditional Friday ride, or attacks and chases drill on that route.
Lister
"We're jammin', jammin',
(Bob Marley)
gab

Post by gab »

Thanks alot Lister and to everyone who came out. Cornering can be very humbling, and I definitely have some work to do.

Lister, if you're interested in putting on a race skills course/training that focused on cornering, I would definitely sign up.

Or if anyone else feels like practicing once and awhile, let me know.

Thanks,
Gabriel