Tour De France 2012 Pool

YouTube videos, Pickle juice discussion, doping accusations, etc.

Moderator: mfarnham

jeremy

Tour De France 2012 Pool

Post by jeremy »

So it's time of year again, If anyone is interested in adding some extra thrills to this years tour come and jump in the pool. You can find it here ---> http://www.tourpool.eu/ You just have to set up a profile then come join the subleague group named 'Victoria subleague' see if you have what it takes to dethrone last years champion Rolf. The rules of the pool are very simple, pick the top 8 riders of each stage (see the website for full description) and the best part of all - it's free

I've also started up a facebook group if you'd like to join, and please invite all your non tripleshot cycling friends to join up as well

http://www.facebook.com/groups/374532345942067/
Current Winter Gloating point amount - 16730 (and counting)
Rolf

Re: Tour De France 2012 Pool

Post by Rolf »

I encourage anyone with even a passing interest in le Tour to participate in this pool. It takes a little bit of time each day (5-10 minutes), but if you're following the Tour anyway, it's a very enjoyable thing to do.

It also makes it worth paying attention during those boring flat stages in the first week where you know the break will be caught and it will end in a bunch sprint. (Though given Cav's lead-out train this year, such stages should be more interesting in any event...)
jeremy

Post by jeremy »

Still time to come and enter, if your feeling a little overwhelmed by all the riders here's some tips for picking riders: (forgive the spelling)

GC contenders/climbers
Cadel Evans
Bradley Wiggens
Ryder Hesjedal
Robert Gesnik
Samuel Sanchez
Thomas Voeckler
Michele Scarponi
Frank Schleck
Levi Leipheimmer

Sprinters: (flat Stages)
Mark Cavendish
Peter (lawless) Sagan
Tyler Farrar
Andre Greipel
Matt Goss
Alessandro Pettachi

TT:
Fabian Cancellara
Tony Martin
Tejay VanGarderen
Dave Zabriski
Current Winter Gloating point amount - 16730 (and counting)
leftcoaster

Post by leftcoaster »

Hey Rolf - how do you post messages on the TdF pool. I'm on there as 'Flatlander'
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Ahhh, so that's you! I only figured out how to do it today; it's not very intuitive. I think the trash-talking needs to begin in earnest.

Hit "MY SUBLEAGUE" on the right-hand side, then don't select "Victoria subleague" from the middle part, but rather select "VICTORIA SUBLEAGUE" where it appears under the "My Subleagues" heading on the left-hand side. You'll then see a "MESSAGE BOARD" tab in the middle.

Oh, those Dutch... They might live in the happiest place on earth:

...but they ain't no good at user interfaces. :P
Quentin

Post by Quentin »

I just want to say that I completely forgot to put my predictions in for the prologue, so that's why I'm so far behind. Having said that, even if I add the best score attained by someone in our league for the prologue (Rolf got 23 points) to my score, I'd still be in last place :oops:
leftcoaster

Post by leftcoaster »

now may be a good time to talk ...uummmm....friendly wagers..............
leftcoaster

Post by leftcoaster »

Jeremy - thanks for organizing this pool. I had a blast (and won a friendly wager). We'll have to do it again next year.