June 9, Longer!

Organize unscheduled rides

Moderator: mfarnham

barton bourassa

June 9, Longer!

Post by barton bourassa »

Having not yet recovered from this morning's fun I thought it a great idea to plan next weekend's pain. On the 9th, it is 15 days to the 140 K Tour of Victoria (aka, the Ryder Ride). I plan on doing 120 to 125 K of this ride, cutting the northern portion short. So, heading west and following the route all the way thru to Willis and Wallace then cutting across somewhere, not sure where yet but north of Mattick's and following the route to the finish line.

Departure at 6? If, and that seems to be a really big if!, anyone else wishes to participate, is a later start time preferred say 7?

So, put it on your calendar, get clearance early before something else comes up!
Barton Bourassa
Dave L

Re: June 9, Longer!

Post by Dave L »

I'm in - 15 days is not a very long time!! 6am at Cook Street Starbucks?

Dave
barton bourassa

Cook St Village Starbucks opens at 5:30. I'll be there for a quick shot before 6 with a planned departure at 0600 hours! Sharp! Come one, come all! Don't be shy. It is supposed to be a very nice day. We might even need sunglasses! Quicker riders, do the hills twice! Come back for those not quite as quick! Pull longer. Not so strong? Pull shorter! This could be an epic ride, all working together!

See you for a 6 AM departure!
Barton Bourassa
bikehart

Post by bikehart »

Sounds like fun see you in the morning....Hugh
esilnarson

Post by esilnarson »

Sounds good. I'll be there at 6:00.
Brian E
Greg Miller

Post by Greg Miller »

I'll be there at 6 too.
Paul C.

Post by Paul C. »

I may be there at 5:45 for coffee and a shorter ride as I plan to do Masters RR , Sunday in Mill Bay...about 55km at Noon.
rhughes

Post by rhughes »

Hey Paul

I will see you at Mill Bay.

Ritchie
Greg Miller

Post by Greg Miller »

What a great turn out and great ride. Thanks Barton for the initiative! I think we should do the same route next Saturday.

Biggest group I have seen for a Saturday, must have been in the twenties. Total time is about the same as the Lands End route if you turn right at Wallace. I made it home by around 9:20.
Mark C

Post by Mark C »

Thanks to everyone for a great ride today and your patience waiting for me at the top of the hill's

Thanks Again Mark (but you can call me Dave)
barton bourassa

Yup that was fun! And a beautiful day! 19 left the coffee shop, 5 found the coffee shop at the end of 120 K, 4:24 bum time later.
Next week, the plan from my perspective is do the whole Ryder ride, 140K, on Saturday leaving same time and from the same place. Then rest and recover for 8 days before the actual event.

It was a great ride. Thanks one and all. And you too Mark C!
Barton Bourassa