URGENT - volunteers needed Metchosin Race Sun May 27

Club activities and announcements

Moderator: mfarnham

bill

URGENT - volunteers needed Metchosin Race Sun May 27

Post by bill »

We need 6 (minimum)-8(ideal) more volunteers to run this race on Sunday. Thank you Dave S, Vanessa and Pete who have already committed to helping.

At this time, there are not enough volunteers. Please reply ASAP to this message if you can help on Sunday. Here are the details:

TIME: 10:30am - 2:30pm (approximate)
PLACE: meet at Hans Helgesen School 4983 Rocky Pt. Rd V9C 4G4
NEEDED: 6-8 additional marshals to stand on corners and direct traffic (Juniors welcome and lawn chairs OK but must be standing while riders come by. Can only be sitting while waiting for riders or traffic to come past).
PLEASE BRING: cell phone, warm clothes, rain gear (hopefully will not need it) and lunch.

If you have any questions, please PM me.

THANKS
Bill
bill

Re: URGENT - volunteers needed Metchosin Race Sun May 27

Post by bill »

If we do not get 10 Volunteers to Volunteer from 100 club members then we will have to cancel the race.

If you can help please let me know ASAP or we will have to cancel the race and lose the money for the club that race generates

Bill
Lister Farrar

Post by Lister Farrar »

C'mon folks. Bill's being forced to recruit his family who don't even ride.

It's a good gig; the weather looks good, you can bring a lawn chair, the drivers have never given us a hard time, the masters riders behave well, and the race is compact. The whole commitment is 4 hours max. You can ride out with a small back pack, or drop your stuff with someone driving. Arrange to meet your family in metchosin for a late lunch after. (the broken paddle is awesome and reasonable and has a funky metchosin charm. And desserts!). Or drive out and have your family ride out near the end. The goose crosses the course, so just about anyone can get there easily. Lots of good reasons to help.
Lister
"We're jammin', jammin',
And I hope you like jammin', too."
(Bob Marley)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QdwYY9rZL4
Lister Farrar

Post by Lister Farrar »

Just thought of another brilliant strategy. ENTER the race Sunday and get your fans and family to volunteer since they will no doubt be there to watch your Hesjedal-esque performance. And you already know you'll look good in pink because the baby blues have pink.

Forza maestri!
Lister
"We're jammin', jammin',
(Bob Marley)
Jimmy

Post by Jimmy »

I came out and helped marshall last year. It was pretty relaxing and easy to do. This year I'm planning on racing and trying to rope one of our kids into volunteering. (Not a lot of motivation in seeing Dad in spandex) Will keep you posted if she agrees.
mlawless

Post by mlawless »

I am 'racing' in Shawnigan Lake on Sunday but if I finish (or DNF) early enough I will try to come by to Marshall a corner.

Michael
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

I'm coming out to Metchosin. I would much prefer to race because it's a lot of fun going down Lindholm's twisting curves 6 times at 75 kms/hr, but if you're short of volunteers I will marshall.
Krostini

Post by Krostini »

Hi I thought I replied here last night but it must not have worked. I can volunteer.
Looking forward to seeing y'all...

Kristin
Vanessa

Post by Vanessa »

I have a friend who has kindly agreed to come volunteer as well (there may have been a food bribe involved)
Lister Farrar

Post by Lister Farrar »

Lister and Duncan in to volunteer, so far. A couple more possible.
Lister
"We're jammin', jammin',
(Bob Marley)
bill

Post by bill »

Thanks all for dropping your sunday plans and helping out. You are helping aleviate a lot of stress :shock:

To bring my heart rate down it would be awesome to have a few more as well as to provide a safe environment for the riders.
Bill
Krostini

Post by Krostini »

I'm working on my daughter.... :)
Not sure yet though
Kris