Newton Heights May 23rd

Moderator: mfarnham

beegull

Newton Heights May 23rd

Post by beegull »

Anyone else heading out to Newton Heights this evening? Or will I be suffering alone? Unless it starts to pour, I'll be heading out by the usual time: 5:15 at the switch bridge.

Brent
JohnT

Re: Newton Heights May 23rd

Post by JohnT »

I'll be driving out, unless it's raining. This was only going to be a whip-myself-into-shape-after-a-couple-of-weeks-off ride anyway, and I don't need to get wet doing that.

JT
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

I will be out, likely ride out but can't make it to switch bridge in time.
My goal is to make you climbers look good tonight!
BearPope Recruit

Post by BearPope Recruit »

I'm in and should be at the Switch bridge for 5:15.
JohnT

Post by JohnT »

Sorry I missed it. Had to work till 5:30 and then couldn't face the stress of trying to get up the highway in a hurry. Looking forward to reading race reports.

John
Jimmy

Post by Jimmy »

Well, from the C group side of things, I believe we had 8 suckers for the punishment. Jen was our strong rider for TS and another younger rider came out - didn't get his name yet - he would'nt wait up for me and I believe he won the race!
Two laps in and I knew it was going to be painful. I tried going easy and reeling in the group on the downhills which worked great each time around but the effort needed to sprint at the finish was still more than I could muster. I gave it a good run and passed a couple on the run to the finish.
Could certainly tell how hard the race was for everyone by the litter of bodies lying all around the side of the road after the finish. Looked like a bomb went off!
Lister Farrar

Post by Lister Farrar »

That was (the new tall) Chris Macleod. Awesome result for him. I think enumclaw has convinced he can climb. Giro 2022?

Chris, by the way, is the son of Barb Bialokoz and Dave Macleod of IRC.
Lister
"We're jammin', jammin',
And I hope you like jammin', too."
(Bob Marley)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QdwYY9rZL4