Slow Sunday Ride - May 6th

Organize unscheduled rides

Moderator: mfarnham

arose

Slow Sunday Ride - May 6th

Post by arose »

Hi, Jimmy and I are planning a slow, long (about 70km - long for moi) ride for this coming Sunday. He is helping me to improve my distance riding ~ hence the "slow" part. Anyway, if you are interested in joining us, please reply back and we'll set up a convenient meeting place and decent route. We're hoping to make our start time about 9am (yes, a little later than usual..."post" coffee and Sunday morning paper). See you soon, Allison
AndreaR

Re: Slow Sunday Ride - May 6th

Post by AndreaR »

Hi Alison, I'm definitely in for this! The loop I was thinking of goes through Metchosin - there's not a lot of traffic and lots of practice on hills and rollers. Thanks for the reasonable time! I live close to the Selkirk trestle, so I can meet you wherever is convenient.
Cheers!
Andrea
Vanessa

Post by Vanessa »

My dad would like to join (hes not on the forum, hence my answering for him). If you let me know where you're meeting I'll pass it on.

I'd like to join too actually, but it depends what time im going mountain biking at; might be joining the early group so I can squeeze both rides in and still get some studying done!!
arose

Post by arose »

Hi Andrea, Vanessa, Vanessa's dad, sounds great. Let's meet at the switch bridge at 9am. Vanessa, hope you can squeeze it all in! You'll be just about my speed after having done a mountain bike ride already :)
AndreaR

Post by AndreaR »

Perfect - see you then :D
Paul C.

Post by Paul C. »

Depending if I ride with Farm team or the regular F.F. Starbucks club ride I may see you at switch bridge at 9 a.m......but don t wait for me
...great to see lots of choices as we grow and multiply.
Vanessa

Post by Vanessa »

Sorry guys,

Had a bit of a reality check as to how much work I have left for this course subsequently followed by a scramble to hand things in.... so I wont make it out. My dad should be there though, have a great one !
Jimmy

Post by Jimmy »

Good ride today and thanks Curt and Andrea! PERFECT day, great scenery, company and temps. Gotta do that more often.
Cheers.
arose

Post by arose »

LOVED today's ride! Thanks Jimmy, Andrea and Curt! See you soon, Allison 8)
AndreaR

Post by AndreaR »

I had a great time - this was a great idea! I had this song in my head on and off throughout the ride: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYEC4TZsy-Y

It would be great to do more of these rides - good effort but not so hard that I'm suffering the whole time. Next week?