Friday May 5th "A" ride.

Moderator: mfarnham

Josh.E

Friday May 5th "A" ride.

Post by Josh.E »

Thanks for the ride this morning, everyone. It was a blast to get out with you crazies again and hammer. Lots of people looking strong, especially that dude in the team Canada jersey.

Josh
Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.
trevor

Re: Friday May 5th "A" ride.

Post by trevor »

It was good to see you guys out and to hammer together. That was a peppy (painful) ride. Fun times!
Plawless

Post by Plawless »

totally agree. It was awesome. I bet it can be even better over time when the Argyle Armada takes up the Zebra challenge and we each try to deliver our respective winners to Beacon Hill (although I concede having the sprint near a Zoo (even a petting one) might impact the Zebras. I just dont know if it will frighten them - "yikes! Zebra jail! or inspire them - "Look at us free free free")

Peter
Brently_G

Post by Brently_G »

Welcome to The Triple Shot Friday Morning Road Race?
JohnT

Post by JohnT »

Lot's of fun. Thanks for coming Josh et al. But, Brent, (Brent Butt?) maybe you should edit that message. There's a word that could come back to haunt anyone that hits, or is hit by, a car/dog/pedestrian/petting zoo peacock.

JT
DavidB

Post by DavidB »

Holy bejesus. You guys don't mess around. According to strava, We averaged ~35km/h from pareto to the end of mt. Doug. I had fun though, thanks for the support for the juniors who jumped in today.
I've got an obnoxious helmet. It's green.
BearPope Recruit

Post by BearPope Recruit »

Yes, thanks for a great and challenging ride, and being included. Appreciate sitting on a wheel rather than the paceline and knowing to take shortcuts to make it to Beacon Hill. First time actually seeing the final lap/sprint finish and it was pretty intense.

An appropriate quote for today (although from an ultra-runner):
"Engaging in a little suffering - however self-imposed, arbitrary and contrived - before breakfast each morning tends to demand some humility and injects some marked relief into the rest of the day, making things sharper, more inspired, more immediately aware of the powerful presence of being" ~ Anton Krupicka

That just means my legs still hurt. Happy Friday, Jen (#37)
beegull

Post by beegull »

It's great to hear the people others were getting a good dose of fun with their suffering this morning. My ride was so terrible I was compelled to write a blog post about it: http://blog.commonvelocipede.com/?p=110 .
shawnc

Post by shawnc »

I'm so annoyed that I missed this morning! :evil:

It was bad enough when I woke up early and saw it was gorgeous out, but seeing a post extolling the ride's virtues just twists the knife.

I somehow managed to hurt my knee during the Tuesday ride and I haven't been able to put power down since. Hopefully I'll be back out next week for the Easter Egg/Zebra matchup...in the meantime there's Crystal Pool.

Glad you all had fun!
Quentin

Post by Quentin »

Shawn: I think Josh is lying. I didn't see him at coffee, so I'm pretty sure he never rode this morning.
Kevin F

Post by Kevin F »

Ditto on all the comments. Really good work reelin' in the early break.