Caleb Pike - April 25th

Moderator: mfarnham

Jimmy

Re: Caleb Pike - April 25th

Post by Jimmy »

The "C" level of the VCL races is at a strong "B" level pace and from what I can see the "B" level is more like a strong A. A - VCL races are.... (#$@#) man they're fast.
The "C" pace is probably due to some not moving to "B" (similar to what we've experienced in the group rides). Having said that, there are definitely a bunch of TS'rs that could/should jump in. I would suggest that we need a somewhat dedicated coach for the C's to advise on what to expect, pacing and strategies. It will make it easier for those curious fence sitters and to keep developing through a series of races.
The learn to ride series and the Ladies Race Clinic are great areas to pull from. In the meantime, anyone interested in giving it a try, I'm happy to help out, pass along my (limited experience/impressions) and work with at the events.
Lister Farrar

Re: Caleb Pike - April 25th

Post by Lister Farrar »

Racing is always harder than group rides, because well, it's a race. But our A riders ride A at VCL. Also the more that come out the easier it is. A pack of 20 is much easier, though a greater range of speeds and surges, than a pack of 10. There's somewhere to recover after a big effort. If theres interest in coaching in races, I'm available. But I'm kinda obligated to stick with those who are paying coaching fees.
Lister
"We're jammin', jammin',
And I hope you like jammin', too."
(Bob Marley)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QdwYY9rZL4