Saturday March 24

Organize unscheduled rides

Moderator: mfarnham

Greg Miller

Saturday March 24

Post by Greg Miller »

Who is in? Regular 6am Cook St Starbucks. Should be a good one.
Plawless

Re: Saturday March 24

Post by Plawless »

I am in town this weekend so - IN!!

I am hoping to do 5-6 hours so something that lets me hook up with the OBB ride would be awesome.
katew

Post by katew »

Coach asked me why I keep doing the same thing every weekend and would I please shake it up? Evidently, going clockwise around the peninsula instead of CCW and/or departing at 0600 instead of 0900 do not count as "shaking it up."

So:

I'm trying Something New on Saturday and am going to do Metchosin/Kangaroo/Lindholm and then, if all systems are green, head up for Munn's/Willis before limping back into town. Targeting about 100km and a few hills.

Pace will be modest, I climb like a fish, and I need to be home by noon, but given those parameters, I'm happy for company.

Kate
kateweber.com
leftcoaster

Post by leftcoaster »

see you at 6:00 at starbucks..........
Lund

Post by Lund »

Barring something unforeseen (acute appendicitis, the Apocalypse, spontaneous human combustion...that sort of thing), I'll be there.
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

Kate W:
I'm trying Something New on Saturday and am going to do Metchosin/Kangaroo/Lindholm and then, if all systems are green, head up for Munn's/Willis before limping back into town. Targeting about 100km and a few hills.

Pace will be modest, I climb like a fish, and I need to be home by noon, but given those parameters, I'm happy for company.
What time were you thinking of leaving? From where? I'd be up for a few hills if you're not leaving in the dark. I could bring a short ladder if that helps.

katew

Post by katew »

Marcus wrote: What time were you thinking of leaving? From where? I'd be up for a few hills if you're not leaving in the dark. I could bring a short ladder if that helps.

7:00? Fairfield Starbucks?
kateweber.com
glenowyn

Post by glenowyn »

Kate when you say you climb like a fish I picture a salmon spawning and jumping up waterfalls which I think would be a good climber, so you must be great at hills
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

Kate wrote:
7:00? Fairfield Starbucks?
Does 7:30 work? I need to get our dogs out. Should still be back before noon.
katew

Post by katew »

7:30 is fine.

And I'll try to come up with a better simile.

Um, I climb like a, um, a...

..pancake. Yes. I climb like a pancake.

Better?
kateweber.com
glenowyn

Post by glenowyn »

Have a great ride. My friend she had heard that and the picture of waggling your back wheel or wiggling up a hill. Climb like a fish, you do know that Marcus does repeats of Goldstream Heights Hill?
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

I kinda like the fish simile - determined, resolute climbing against seemingly long odds, but not fast, and taking the odd break when needed, with a strong finish before expiring. Of course my last name is Gill.