Saturday February 18

Organize unscheduled rides

Moderator: mfarnham

wonger

Saturday February 18

Post by wonger »

Anyone heading out tomorrow? Greg or Steve - feel like dragging me around the peninsula?
barton bourassa

Re: Saturday February 18

Post by barton bourassa »

I hope to be out tomorrow. See you then!
Barton Bourassa
Lund

Post by Lund »

I'll most likely be out. As for dragging y'all around the peninsula...sure, why not.
Lund

Post by Lund »

Bring your own bungee cord.
leftcoaster

Post by leftcoaster »

it would be funny if it weren't true........

see ya at 6:00
barton bourassa

Post by barton bourassa »

Well that was quite a ride. One word: Ugly!!!! Short of the bungee cord, Steve did drag us along. Both of us! There were only Gabe and I desperately trying to hang to Steve in the rain and the wind. Any little hill and Steve was gone! Finally by the time we reached Sydney, we let Steve go. He showed us great mercy and we showed him great respect by encouraging him to fly home on his own. There was no way we could keep up with him. Even just hanging on to his wheel was a challenge! Gabe and I eventually found our way home into a good headwind and pounding rain! Can't wait till tomorrow. Should be lots of fun.
One thing about a ride in conditions like today, it sure helps you appreciate those beautiful sunny mornings that are just ahead of us. There will be beautiful sunny mornings, please, tell me there will be!!!

See you tomorrow at 6!
Barton Bourassa
wonger

Post by wonger »

Chapeau boys. I just couldn't face the rain and dark and cold. After two hours on the trainer I did learn something though - Eva Green is pretty!
leftcoaster

Post by leftcoaster »

Skipped the ride and split the time on extra sleep and the trainer. Considering the rain, I think I came out ahead.

0 gloating points.
katew

Post by katew »

Oh, good heavens, it was gruesome out there. The problem with the MEC Lobster shells is that although they block wind and mist really well, once water gets in, it can't get out.

Squish, squish.

Rode solo so I wouldn't be tempted to do anything stupid, but OMG, the trip back from Sidney was just brutal. Slowest I have ever booked that trip not on a mountain bike.
kateweber.com
gab

Post by gab »

Two thumbs up to Barton and Steve for dragging my sorry butt around the peninsula. Three thumbs up for the four hour nap I took afterward!