awful_crash_BobC_Oak_Bay_ride

Club activities and announcements

Moderator: mfarnham

Plawless

Post by Plawless »

And do we get thecourtesy of knowing your name? If youwant topost on our club forum perhaps that is in order particularly if you don't ride with us.
phox

Post by phox »

Sure. I'm Paul Nienaber -- I'm sure those who read the GVCC list have some sort of opinion (quite possibly disdain, as Peter has offered in another thread!) of me by now.

This particular issue is close to my heart, as I have, in the last 15 years somewhere, been hit/clipped by 2 motorists passing in an incredibly unsafe manner.
Brian S

Reflex

Post by Brian S »

In cardiology there is a term--the oculo-stenotic reflex. If a cardiologists sees a narrowing in an artery, no matter how minimal and inconsequential, it MUST be "fixed" sometimes creating more problems than even theoretical benefit. Most drivers have a strong oculo-cyclist reflex. Any bike (or bikes) no matter how orderly, rule of the law abiding (or not) MUST be passed. No matter the risk or benefit. That inherent reflexive response to a bike on the road will always carrry the risk that the rider will end up on the road.
Wishing all well, as they heal and figure this mess out.
Bob

Post by Bob »

Hey Scooter!! Thanks for the call and the post! And thanks to everyone for their kind words. I'm doing OK; just feeling lucky, although I can't weight bear for at least a week or two. Quite the drama and I'm very very thankful that no one was seriously hurt. Thanks again to everyone - except all you guys who were laughing your asses off at me as I was unceremoniously whisked away on the stretcher!

Bob
Lister Farrar

Post by Lister Farrar »

Anyone catch John Luton's radio interview on the crash this am? How'd it sound?
Lister
"We're jammin', jammin',
And I hope you like jammin', too."
(Bob Marley)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QdwYY9rZL4
ART BOY
Site Admin

Post by ART BOY »

I missed it :(
but interesting responses here on the TC site:
http://www.timescolonist.com/news/Olymp ... story.html
GALEN DAVISON

Artist

www.galendavison.com
------------------------------------------------
"What I dream of is an art of balance." Henri Matisse
Alec

Post by Alec »

Bob - xrays look good. I think the growth plates have not quite fused, so there should be an inch or 2 of vertical growth left in you.

Glad you are well - I look forward to seeing you back on a new bike in the summer. :)