Saturday the 4th – 6:00 Departure

Organize unscheduled rides

Moderator: mfarnham

Lund

Saturday the 4th – 6:00 Departure

Post by Lund »

I'm planning to leave from the Cook Street SBUX at 6 am for the usual Saturday 'Hammerfest' route (with a little less 'hammer' than usual, as I promised Josh I'd go easy on him).

Who else is in?
leftcoaster

Re: Saturday the 4th – 6:00 Departure

Post by leftcoaster »

gulp!..........in until i'm dropped
Josh.E

Post by Josh.E »

yeah, I'm in

Shawn and Dylan both said they were going too.

Steve, Shawn, Dylan.. :? ..this really isn't looking promising for saving my legs for the 170km double with the Pro city team ride at 9:00am, is it?. Hopefully everyone's in a mellow sort of mood.
Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.
Dylan J C

Post by Dylan J C »

Josh.E wrote:yeah, I'm in

Shawn and Dylan both said they were going too.

Steve, Shawn, Dylan.. :? ..this really isn't looking promising for saving my legs for the 170km double with the Pro city team ride at 9:00am, is it?. Hopefully everyone's in a mellow sort of mood.
Not likely :twisted:
The day I quit is the day I die, and probably not even then.
Lund

Post by Lund »

Josh.E wrote:Hopefully everyone's in a mellow sort of mood.
I'm always gentle. As for Dylan...well, when it comes to mellow, he's like the Megadeth to my Bob Marley.
Kevin F

Post by Kevin F »

In :mrgreen:
Lund

Post by Lund »

Thanks to all who came out this morning...Josh, Hugh, Shawn, Kevin, Tony, Dylan and David.

For the record, we managed to drop Dylan AND Josh. (Sure, they both had mechanicals...but that's beside the point.)
Josh.E

Post by Josh.E »

so, guess what.

I got back home after the pro city ride, and noticed that my tubular on my cannondale was still holding a bit of air. I pumped it up and spun it around, and this time the pit stop visually seeped through the puncture and held. It's been holding 120PSI for an hour now.

I think it may have just been too cold at the gas station. It must have been 2C or so, huh?. Once it got a chance to warm it it did the job.

It was probably a good thing at the pace we were going this morning that I got the mechanical. We were moving. I was thinking the whole time I was going to pay for it later on, but was feeling great, and having too much fun to care. Kevin was hurting on the start of the 2nd ride, although he got a third wind about halfway through it. I, on the other hand, got to cab it home, have a quick breakfast, then head out for ride #2.
At least I got to help drop Dylan.....(with his alleged "mechanical")
Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.