Saturday Jan 27

Organize unscheduled rides

Moderator: mfarnham

Greg Miller

Saturday Jan 27

Post by Greg Miller »

Who is up for riding tomorrow? Cook St. Starbucks 6am. Last week had 6 out.
luke.koolman

Re: Saturday Jan 27

Post by luke.koolman »

I am in, but what is the other cross street?
Greg Miller

Post by Greg Miller »

Note, my winter bike is in the shop so I will only be out if it is dry.
Greg Miller

Post by Greg Miller »

Cook St. and Pendergast. The one ride in the village across from Moka House.
barton bourassa

Post by barton bourassa »

Well wasn't that a ride! Greg and I left Starbucks shortly after 6. It was a beautiful morning. Calm, warm (ish!), no rain. As we road the lonely rode just we two, David joined us then Tony. Dave dropped off at Matticks then there were just 3! So many members, so few riders!
At this point I tucked in the back as Greg and Tony took turns pulling us at speed to Sydney as we watched or rather felt the temperature drop. On Central Saanich Road the hail came down stinging our faces and threatening to make the roads icy. Maybe you were smart to stay snug in your warm beds! After a short stop to determine the safest route home, we headed back the way we came to finish a long morning of riding down strange roads thru strange weather!

Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings! I do hope we have a few more riders than just a few! Riding on days like today really makes one appreciate the nice days.
Barton Bourassa
leftcoaster

Post by leftcoaster »

Nice write up and nice ride. I reversed at Mattick's and rode to Beacon Hill for a few laps because I had to work today at 9:00. The conditions from 6:00 - 8:00 were great - dry roads and 5 degrees.