Sunday Dec 11, Early and Long

Organize unscheduled rides

Moderator: mfarnham

barton bourassa

Sunday Dec 11, Early and Long

Post by barton bourassa »

Shall we try this again? See if the weather cooperates?

Just to give folks a heads up, some of us were thinking of going into the Western Communities, Prospect, Munns, northwest on Willis, back to Wallace, find our way to Oldfield via West Saanich, then Interurban to coffee. About 100K.
Here is a proposed route:http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=5206163
I do hope the link works!

Anyway, the idea I think is if folks are interested, and it does look like it will be a nice day, those that want to do this can meet at Discovery Coffee on Discovery near Douglas for a 7:00 departure. They are open at 6:30 so plenty of time to get a good shot of caffeine before the ride.

Anyone interested?
Barton Bourassa
John D

Re: Sunday Dec 11, Early and Long

Post by John D »

Hi Barton;

As per last week, count me in if the weather cooperates!

John
"Talk - Action = Zero" - Joe Keithley
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

I should make it if it is not icy
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

Just to confuse things and present another option: meet and ride as per the regular Sunday ride but turn right at the goose to do the munns loop to return to Wallace, west saanich and interurban, also about 100 kms while keeping options open, riding with the larger group until the goose, and not having two starts. If a longer route is desired, one can turn left after munns, go down veterans to Metchosin with a kangaroo loop if desired, returning via lagoon, about 125 kms as I recall.
barton bourassa

Post by barton bourassa »

Ok. I talked with a few others at coffee this morning. General concensus, Regular place. Regular time, leave at 7:20. Decide at Island View where to go. Maybe Sydney, north side of the airport, Ardmore, up and over Willis and back again or something like that.

See you all on Sunday AM!
Barton Bourassa
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Works for me