Going long on Sunday, November 6th

Organize unscheduled rides

Moderator: mfarnham

John D

Going long on Sunday, November 6th

Post by John D »

Last week a few of us left the main group after Island View and continued on to Lands End and back for about 100km. We plan to do it again this Sunday if anyone else wants to join us. If so, be sure to bring some extra nutrition along! Also, be advised that this is intended to be an LSD ride, not a hammerfest.

John
"Talk - Action = Zero" - Joe Keithley
Dave Spiers

Re: Going long on Sunday, November 6th

Post by Dave Spiers »

Hi John,
about what time did you get back last sunday?
# 9
wonger

Post by wonger »

I'd love to do this but would like to know the return time as well. I have to be downtown at 10:15...
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Here's an idea: ignore the departure of Daylight Saving Time and leave Fairfield at 6 a.m. Your body will still think you're swell for "sleeping in" and you can ride to the ferries, have coffee and still be home for brunch.
Krostini

Post by Krostini »

Sounds great... will keep my eye out for a definitive departure time, CBC time :)

Kristin
John D

Post by John D »

Hi there...

Alan or Barton can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it was about 10:45 when we hit the trestle bridge on the way to Fantastico's.

Then again, if we were to skip Island View and head straight on to Lands End, and cut out the re-fueling stop at the gas station on West Saanich & Birch(?) we could be back about 30 minutes sooner.

I'm also open to starting earlier (as per Rolf's suggestion)...

John
esilnarson

Post by esilnarson »

I'm in for Land's End if we start earlier, as per Rolf's "still sleeping in" suggestion. As long as I'm home by 10:30 (new time), I am A-OK.
Brian E
wonger

Post by wonger »

How about a 7:00 departure from Fairfield Starbucks? Gives us time for a long ride at a reasonable pace and we could still meet others at Fantastico bu 10:15 or so. Who's in?
AlW

Post by AlW »

wonger wrote:How about a 7:00 departure from Fairfield Starbucks? Gives us time for a long ride at a reasonable pace and we could still meet others at Fantastico bu 10:15 or so. Who's in?
I'm up for starting earlier as well, but have no preference when. I'll be joining enroute somewhere between Ferndale and Matticks, so I just need your departure time and location so I can figure out when to leave.

Al
conway

Post by conway »

If you change the start time from 7:20am it is assumed "Sunday" riders, will check the web site for such a change. This is unlikely.
Mark
libbyaynsley

Post by libbyaynsley »

so what time is the group leaving? 6 or 7??
barton bourassa

Post by barton bourassa »

I'm thinking it might be best to leave it as is for this week at least? Al is the instigator of last week's fun. It was quite nice to start off as a group, climb up and over Island View with the group then head up the rest of Peninsula for some LSD.

I'm in for LSD tomorrow but lets leave at 7:20 as a group? Then again if we leave at 7, we can be back home closer to 10:30. Somebody please make the decision for me! Our website does say a 7:20 start. maybe start on time tomorrow?

Barton.
Barton Bourassa
steve

Post by steve »

It's 7:30 Saturday night and no clear decision has been made, many people likely won't have checked the forum. We should leave at the regular time (7:20 but roll at 7:30 as every Sunday has). Start making plans for the nov 11 ride for those interested in a long early ride.

My 2 cents
John D

Post by John D »

Sigh. Talk about herding cats... :roll:

Then again, perhaps the Sunday that the clocks go back was a poor week to choose to propose a change to the long-standing Sunday ride schedule. I'll be at Bucky's by 7:00, for the usual 7:20 start...

J.
barton bourassa

Post by barton bourassa »

See you there for a long one!

Meow!
Barton Bourassa