The Walmartization of espresso

YouTube videos, Pickle juice discussion, doping accusations, etc.

Moderator: mfarnham

John D

Post by John D »

Since the James Bay Disco didn't work out, and since we are still looking for sponsors, right? :wink:

http://www.financialpost.com/story.html ... 711dad&p=1

The good news...lots of space for us.

The bad news...the smell of Ben-Gay at 7:00am and a company policy forbidding lycra.

J.
"Talk - Action = Zero" - Joe Keithley
norman marcy

Re: The Walmartization of espresso

Post by norman marcy »

NOT IN THIS LIFE TIME !!!!
Jbooyah

Post by Jbooyah »

I have one speed, I have one gear: GO!- Charlie Sheen
sylvan

Post by sylvan »

Haha, nice to see Bucky's get its pants handed to it by Horton's and two fast food joints. I'm on the road at 5 am looking for coffee so often that McD's and Horton's are pretty essential. McD's isn't that bad. I kind of agree with the reviews in that article. Horton's has a weird taste that I don't understand. I don't know what they do to their beans to make that happen. It's a bit scary. I barf at the thought of a double double. I usually get a large with a small shot - basically a half cream and half sugar. Of course it's all just desperation at 5 am on a Sunday morning. This afternoon I had a traditional cappuccino at Bridgehead in Ottawa with the thickest, sweetest microfoam I've ever tasted and all was right in the world of coffee.
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Ahhh, Bridgehead. Let me guess: you then fetched some biodegradable sunglasses from MEC, a sticky bun from Three Tarts and wafted home on a smuggy cloud of self-satisfaction? :wink: I miss Westboro sometimes... and then I stroll through Cook Street Village and realize it's got these great trees to boot.
Josh.E

Post by Josh.E »

The taste you don't understand is likely very low quality non-ripe beans, chicory and caramel admixtures, complete with burnt sugar to try to get some of the colour back.
Tim's aint coffee. More of a caffeine delivery vessel.
Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.
Josh.E

Post by Josh.E »

Even more fun are the urban legends around Tims Coffee additives. Nicotine and/or MSG to make it more addictive than other coffee.

Here's another theory:
http://healthinmotion.wordpress.com/200 ... dentified/
Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.
Brian S

Post by Brian S »

Rolf wrote:Ahhh, Bridgehead. Let me guess: you then fetched some biodegradable sunglasses from MEC, a sticky bun from Three Tarts and wafted home on a smuggy cloud of self-satisfaction? :wink: I miss Westboro sometimes... and then I stroll through Cook Street Village and realize it's got these great trees to boot.
Rolf you forgot about stopping for fresh bagels at the Bagel Shop a bit east of Westboro (or getting fries from Glen's ship wagon across from Canadian Tire). Yes, I miss that corner of Ottawa too, until the first blizzard, the first freezing rain, and then the extension of those meteorological phenomena through until May.
Tutto il rosa della vita
jj12

Post by jj12 »

If had a choice between bucks and hortons i would pick bucks just because you don't have some shmuck putting in cream and sugar, the last time i had a large single single from hortons i nearly threw up, i said single single but it felt like the whole sugar container was put in there not to mention the litre of cream, sorry hortons is swill.