It's official, sports fans: Spinnakers Fri Sept 30th

Club activities and announcements

Moderator: mfarnham

RyanC

It's official, sports fans: Spinnakers Fri Sept 30th

Post by RyanC »

Hi everyone,

In the true spirit of my life theme keeping all things to the last minute, I just received the (un)expected call from for the Burnaby job I applied to and I will be dropping everything and heading over for October. When the deadline for their decision had passed by a large margin, I was less than confident they were going to hire me. Turns out that was my official welcome to the government process. So, as confusing as things have already been in my communication to you about this, I am now officially going to bid you all farewell. I will fly the TSC argyle on the mainland for the next several years. I hope to speak to each of you individually to say goodbyes. Can we try again for this Friday at Spinnakers? Does anyone still want to talk to me any more? :roll:

Ryan
jj12

Re: It's official, sports fans

Post by jj12 »

I'll be there. What time?
RyanC

Post by RyanC »

I think 5:30 sounds like it could work if everyone is amenable to that option.
R
Barry McKee

Post by Barry McKee »

All the best Ryan. We'll miss you at the BC Masters races on the Island. Oh, wait, there are ferries so maybe you will show up now and then? Regardless, happy racing/riding wherever you are. And, good luck with that work thing.... Maybe see you Thursday evening for the IRC ride?

Barry
spearson

Post by spearson »

Amenable!
Roland

Post by Roland »

I'll be there
compete: 1620, from Fr. compéter "be in rivalry with"
RyanC

Re: It's official, sports fans: Spinnakers Fri Sept 30th

Post by RyanC »

Thanks to everyone for coming out to say goodbye. Great times & great stories. For those of you that bought me beer, well, you're in my will (if I ever get rich enough)!

It has been a great ride,
See you all again!

Ryan