group riding - lights and fenders - recommendations

Club activities and announcements

Moderator: mfarnham

Alan

Re: group riding - lights and fenders - recommendations

Post by Alan »

I'll get a pair. Please add me to the list...
Barman

Post by Barman »

dealextreme.com Great deals on lights - p-7 led lights - 900 lumens (advertised). I am not sure how accurate this is, but, seriously, will light up the whole road. $45 for light, 2 batteries, plus charger. Add another 2 bucks for a mount.
Lister Farrar

Post by Lister Farrar »

arfenarf wrote:OK. Here's the deal. I'll order as many sets of Fender Nuts as requested by close of business on Friday and we'll split the shipping on a per-set basis. I may have a line on a Canadian distributor near Niagara, which would make things Much Betterer. Maybe they'll toss in zip ties and some electrical tape for good measure :D

Me: 2
Glenowyn: 1
Lister: 2
Eric: 2
Alan 1

Anybody else?

Kate Weber

Edited to Add: I have to confess that I have not scoured every. single. shop. in Victoria. Is there a possibility, those of you who might know these things, that someone here is already bringing them in? Is there a single small-weird-bike-parts-rep in the area?
Bow got them at Fairfield, but they don't have them now. I've tried Fairfield, Fort, North Park and Trek, and no luck. Fairfield will make them, by tapping the Allen end of a longer Allen nut and shortening the brake bolt. The threading works for a fender bolt, but I think it might be iffy long term for taking fenders on and off regularly.

Also note that deeper crown carbon forks might need a longer nut, which I don't think these will fit. Especially if you're moving brakes over from a shallower crown fork. Check how long the brake nut is on your bike by removing it and measuring the length, before counting on the 13 mm Problem Solver fender nut working. Here's one that's considerably longer, so if you have one of these, the Problem Solver won't work, tho a tapped one will, at least for a while. http://reviews.wiggle.co.uk/7867-en_gb/ ... eviews.htm
Lister
"We're jammin', jammin',
And I hope you like jammin', too."
(Bob Marley)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QdwYY9rZL4
arfenarf

Post by arfenarf »

Well, don't I feel silly.

After hunting all over the continent, it turns out that Oak Bay Bikes has 'em.

There are five sets left and they'll order more if it looks like there is going to be a run on them.

Kate
bikehart

Post by bikehart »

Just in case were holding off for the next generation of 1k lights here is a $109 light listed on Amazon which might be worth looking at and because it is on Amazon you can always send it back...

http://www.amazon.com/SpokeGrenade-SG-1 ... B004WME71K