Underground Cross Series 2011

Moderator: mfarnham

EricS

Underground Cross Series 2011

Post by EricS »

For those of you who missed out on all the fun last year, here is the info for the Wednesday Night Cross races. To get on the email list, fire your address to: crossclub at gmail dot com

Dear Crossers,

This Wednesday, September 7th, 2011 we will meet up at the parking lot in between chicken on the run and Banfield Park (approx address - 405 Craigflower Road in Vic West).

Like last year the first Wednesday nighter is also the time to try and get everyone registered all at once for the entire series.

Registration will be set up from 5:20pm – 6:00pm. We will then head to the training circuit at 6pm ish. If you are lucky reg will be available after for those late to register.

Please read the below for all the info…

- VCX 2011 -

$20 cash money for the 8 event training series

September 7th, 14th, 21st, 28th

October 5th, 12th, 19th, 26th

(NB - the meeting spot and time will be emailed out on the Monday before each week's ride. Please gather only at the meeting spot and at the time stated. Even if you are smart enough to figure out where that week's ride will take place, please do not show up at the training site while we are setting up. It’s just a heat score if you do. We will have 2 neutral laps for everyone to familiarize with the training circuit each week.)

VCX 2011 = a series of supported training rides

In 2011 we will be running the series as "training rides" insured through Cycling BC. Read we don't keep track of results and the competitive elements of the rides are there only to improve the quality of training.

Wrap Up Party

The series fee covers the expenses related to putting on the series of training rides: course marking tape, supplies, land use fees, etc. In 2011 all the proceeds will be used to put on a proper season wrap up party later in the fall. Details of the wrap up party to be released closer to that time. It'll be a good one!

VCX 2011 Insurance

Everyone is welcome at our events! However, given the number of people coming out every week, we now will have insurance for the supported training rides which means there will be licensing requirements for those wishing to take part. Riders with racing licenses will just need to pay the normal one time $20 series fee and sign a waiver form. Any non-license holders will have to join Pro City cycling club and pay $10 extra on top of the series fee to make certain the rider is insured.

Attached is waiver for this year. If you can please print (both pages) complete, sign and bring with you along with proof of club membership and/or race license along with correct change (nice crisp $20.00 bill preferred ). This will help make the registration process much, much faster and smoother.

All those wishing to participate MUST have proof of club membership and/or a Cycling BC or UCI race license.

You can do the rides without paying any extra:

- If you have purchased a full UCI race license for 2011 for EITHER Road OR Road with MTB
- If you have purchased a Cycling BC citizen license for 2011

For those that do not yet have any Cycling BC affiliation or license:

- If you do not have club membership/race license please go to:

http://cyclocross.cyclingbc.net/late-season-license/ and complete the application process, pay the fee and bring a copy of the confirmation email to registration Wed night. The late season UCI licenses only required if you will be racing outside of the province

- This link is for Citizen licenses: https://reg.ccnbikes.com/licensing/index

Not sure what type of Membership to purchase?

Cycling BC licensing options - Membership and License FAQ:

http://cyclingbc.net/cycling-bc/race-li ... cense-faq/

--------------
Alright, well with all that business out of the way. Hope everyone is doing swell and pumped for cross season.

See ya tomorrow night.

- Victoria CycloCross
Eric Simonson
4827north

Re: Underground Cross Series 2011

Post by 4827north »

+1. I should be out tomorrow... brakes a squeaking...
Brad
brad[at]zedwheels.com
Member #58 1 May 2010 to December 2011
EricS

Post by EricS »

Awesome! Anyone else?

I'll be there with both my kids racing too.

Don't forget folks: a mountain bike is allowed, and often a better tool for the job.

But as Roland once told me "cyclocross is all about using the wrong tool for the job" so you'll eventually want to get a cross bike so that you too can experience not being able to stop in the rain and laying it down in every corner. I think that was a run-on sentence. Sorry, I'm excited.

See you all tomorrow,

Eric
Eric Simonson
Quentin

Post by Quentin »

IN! (and totally stoked)
jeremy

Post by jeremy »

Just waiting for my new cassette for my cross wheels and I'm in too. :twisted:
Current Winter Gloating point amount - 16730 (and counting)
4827north

Post by 4827north »

don't forget to print out the waiver sign it, and bring the $20. And don't be late!
Brad
brad[at]zedwheels.com
Member #58 1 May 2010 to December 2011