Garmin Edge 500 owners... important firmware update. v2.80

YouTube videos, Pickle juice discussion, doping accusations, etc.

Moderator: mfarnham

4827north

Garmin Edge 500 owners... important firmware update. v2.80

Post by 4827north »

If you're one of many that own the popular Garmin Edge 500, you may have experienced the "Multiple HR Sensors Found" popup when you're riding in a group. The latest firmware update, Version 2.80 purports to fix this issue.

Download it with your Garmin WebUpdater application.

--Brad

disclosure statement: I own Garmin stock, so buy more Garmin devices!
Brad
brad[at]zedwheels.com
Member #58 1 May 2010 to December 2011
arfenarf

Re: Garmin Edge 500 owners... important firmware update. v2.

Post by arfenarf »

...with the caveat, from someone who has been carrying Garmin fitness devices since they were giant bricks in a backpack (OK. I exaggerate)...

...that the recent firmware upgrade for the 310XT was a disaster, as was the latest Garmin Connect upgrade. I strongly suggest giving new releases from Garmin a week to settle into the community right now - and after that week, go into the Garmin forums to see what the community temperature is before irreversibly upgrading your device.

Kate
4827north

Re: Garmin Edge 500 owners... important firmware update. v2.

Post by 4827north »

2.80 is working well on my Edge 500. What I haven't tested yet, was whether it is still 'seeing' other HRMs...I'll find out on Friday morning's ride.

Any software upgrade can go sideways. Case in point - XCode 4.2 and OSX Lion... Lion as in "Lionshare" of my recent problems are due to that upgrade :-)
Brad
brad[at]zedwheels.com
Member #58 1 May 2010 to December 2011