Cowichan Valley MS Tour

Moderator: mfarnham

AndreaR

Cowichan Valley MS Tour

Post by AndreaR »

Well I finally completed my first 100km ride with the MS Society! I just wanted to give a huge shout out to Ryan who helped me and another rider, Dan, through the Cowichan Valley on Saturday. He literally pushed me up a couple of hills and I must say, it would have been a huge slog without his help. We finished the ride in just under 4 hours of rolling time followed by a coke, massage and beer.

Thanks again! And to anyone who is interested, this is a fantastic event to be involved in (our team is recruiting).

Andrea
RyanC

Re: Cowichan Valley MS Tour

Post by RyanC »

The pleasure was all mine, Andrea. Both you and Dan were great company. Thanks to Dan for keeping us on the correct route. I guess my orienteering skills are a bit rusty.

The route was very nice and ran mostly away from the major traffic areas. Highlights of the day for me included the entire stretch between Cowichan Bay and the Avrill Creek Winery, culminating in a 2k stretch of gravel climb. I felt like I was riding in the Giro. Note that this was an optional climb that most riders avoided. I couldn't resist.

http://www.cowichanvalleygrapeescape.co ... 0Route.pdf
AndreaR wrote:We finished the ride in just under 4 hours of rolling time followed by a coke, massage and beer.
Just so everyone is clear, I handed out the cokes but not the massages. :wink:

R
AndreaR

Re: Cowichan Valley MS Tour

Post by AndreaR »

Here's Ryan chillin at checkpoint 1:
Attachments
IMGP1133.JPG