Nanaimo TTT 21 Aug - Call for Teams and Volunteers

Moderator: mfarnham

AlW

Re: Nanaimo TTT 21 Aug - Call for Teams and Volunteers

Post by AlW »

mlawless wrote:Al, why have you not posted your name yet? - That is okay, I will post it for you!
Hey Mike. Have I ever mentioned how considerate you are? No.....?

Unfortunately, the cold I picked up in July is still hanging on and seems to have taken up permanent residence in my lungs. Currently on a no riding order from the doc until it clears up :x

How about I drive the team car?
farensen

Post by farensen »

Sorry Quentin. But Mike Arensen will not be able to be on a team, he is with me in Kelowna. However he is doing a crit on Friday the 19th in Penticton. 8)
Farisha :) Ich liebe Kuchen.
Lister Farrar

Post by Lister Farrar »

Vanessa wrote:I'd be up for trying another TTT! I talked to Kristin (Krostini) and she’s also interested in joining Alce Vivace….
If we don’t have enough though Id be happy to volunteer

PS how much does it cost to enter?
Maybe ask Laura? She seemed to be riding well last week on a b group ride.
Lister
"We're jammin', jammin',
And I hope you like jammin', too."
(Bob Marley)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QdwYY9rZL4
Plawless

Post by Plawless »

Ok this is what I see from the above:

Women:

Kristin, Vanessa, Laura, Julie, Jen, Minda, Deb (1 more needed for 2 full teams)
Alce Vivaci & Alce ???

Men:
1 - Quentin, John G, Simon + ???
2 - Mike L, Marcus, Jim P, Barton
Alce grigio veloce -Lister, Alan, John T, Brad H
Alce Elegante - Ryan, Josh, Gavin, Peter

Juniors:

Alce Minore?
Girls Mixed Team?

Volunteers:

I STILL NEED 6 MARSHALS!!!! Start/Finish & registration looks ok but I need people to deal with the traffic. You get a stop sign, safety vest AND a helmet!
Lister Farrar

Post by Lister Farrar »

Junior men (Alce Minore) have Evan and Duncan (I think, he's away till Sunday and not getting email or texts), but are willing to ride with seniors. I'd say they are mid to upper end B groupers, though the adult distance will be tougher for them.

Brenna and Alex (yay, she's back sunday!) are also available. No luck so far with other island clubs for a composite jr team. But B and A are willing to ride with seniors.

Brenna rode a 28:56 tt last week, so maybe her, Alex (been training in Quebec 4-5 days a week, including with a Quebec club), Jenn and Glen or Minda would be a good match-up?

I'm willing to coach in the run-up if any teams wants this. Ryan has also offered to coach, and might be able to be there race day if he can get a lift.

I'm out (wedding to attend), but I think I've been replaced already. It will be four 4 of John T, Alan C, Brad, Barton, Jim P.
Lister
"We're jammin', jammin',
(Bob Marley)
mlawless

Post by mlawless »

Team Name:

For Team 2: alce maestoso (and don't you forget it!)

DS: Al Wilhelm

Riders: Michael, Marcus, Jim P, & Barton

Michael
mlawless

Post by mlawless »

Vanessa,

Great news, I just spoke to Laura and she is SUPER excited about being on a team with you. Please post the other names for your team and pick a suitable name.

One caution, even though it is an out-and-back course there will be changes of direction required. Laura will need early and repeated coaching prior to any turns :lol:

Michael
Laura

Post by Laura »

mlawless wrote:Vanessa,

Great news, I just spoke to Laura and she is SUPER excited about being on a team with you. Please post the other names for your team and pick a suitable name.

One caution, even though it is an out-and-back course there will be changes of direction required. Laura will need early and repeated coaching prior to any turns :lol:

Michael
Although I would like to vehemently deny Michael's allegations of my directional difficulties, who am I kidding . . . it really is that bad. I am happy to join a team, but I am really more of a C/B rider. So, if you are content with a newbie, by all means sign me up! Vanessa, will I see you on tomorrow's ride? We can chat then. I'm the one on the orange Devinci.
Vanessa

Post by Vanessa »

Laura,

I'm also C/B rider, a total newbie AND I also ride a Devinci (mines blue/red and ancient)... we already sound like a good team to me! :D

Ok so you, me and Kristin for sure and ….. 4th person??
Kristin is away this weekend but I will be at the ride tomorrow morning so we can chat then!!

Vanessa
Laura

Post by Laura »

Vanessa wrote:Laura,

I'm also C/B rider, a total newbie AND I also ride a Devinci (mines blue/red and ancient)... we already sound like a good team to me! :D
It's destiny! Hopefully you can tell east from west, though. Otherwise, we may be in real trouble. :lol:
RyanC

Post by RyanC »

I am in for Alce E. Just waiting on the remaining 1/2 of our elegant squad to confirm. BTW, I have room to drive someone and their bike up to the race. Must love dogs. :)

R
Lister Farrar

Post by Lister Farrar »

Lister Farrar wrote:Junior men (Alce Minore) have Evan and Duncan (I think, he's away till Sunday and not getting email or texts), but are willing to ride with seniors. I'd say they are mid to upper end B groupers, though the adult distance will be tougher for them.

Brenna and Alex (yay, she's back sunday!) are also available. No luck so far with other island clubs for a composite jr team. But B and A are willing to ride with seniors.

Brenna rode a 28:56 tt last week, so maybe her, Alex (been training in Quebec 4-5 days a week, including with a Quebec club), Jenn and Glen or Minda would be a good match-up?

I'm willing to coach in the run-up if any teams wants this. Ryan has also offered to coach, and might be able to be there race day if he can get a lift.

I'm out (wedding to attend), but I think I've been replaced already. It will be four 4 of John T, Alan C, Brad, Barton, Jim P.
Got a call from Steve Grant in Comox that his two younger sons are interested in riding with Duncan Grant and Evan Carey . (They're actually cousins of Duncan's.) Ryan, could you manage them?

Jenn and Glen, you up to ride with Brenna and Alex?
Lister
"We're jammin', jammin',
(Bob Marley)
RyanC

Post by RyanC »

It would appear I am teamless. :? I am happy to volunteer/coach, in which case I would be appreciative of a lift to Nanaimo. I am out of town until Saturday evening and will check back here then

Ryan
Quentin

Post by Quentin »

Simon, John G and I are still looking for a 4th. Who wants to race with us?????
Jimmy

Post by Jimmy »

Quentin,
I'd love to be the fourth rider but have vacation plans and will be away. Hopefully next time for me...
steve

Post by steve »

Hi guys,

I'm on vacation in Oregon as of tomorrow but the word from the head of household is that we may be back in time for the time trial. If I make it back in time, I will volunteer as I have yet to do any this year.

Steve
Quentin

Post by Quentin »

Quentin wrote:Simon, John G and I are still looking for a 4th. Who wants to race with us?????
Bad news, I cannot race with Team Giovani Alci (young moose) for the Naniamo TTT.

So Giovani Alci is looking for 2 riders.
spearson

Post by spearson »

Ryan, you would be welcome to join "Due Gambe Alce" making it a "Tre Gambe Alce". I guarantee a good workout for you as you will obviously have to pull John G and I around the entire course.

Anyone else out there willing to step up as a Gambe.....
jbarrett

Post by jbarrett »

jj12 wrote:Looking to join a team or make a up a team takers? recruits? let me know!! :D
I know I've left it a bit late but I'm interested in getting on board with a team. My club mates here in Vancouver (Central Vancouver Cycling) haven't shown any interest.
I'm 55, don't have arrow bars, but in OK shape.
Joe Barrett
steven grandy

Post by steven grandy »

Hi,

I'm interested in filling out a team or if needed, man a traffic station. If anyone has room in their vehicle for a small cyclist and bike it would be appreciated. I'm more interested in the process rather than a time so it would be ideal to have a no-drop tt team. To keep it reasonable a grouping with TT speeds ranging from 38km/h to 43km/h on flats would be ideal.

Thanks,
Steven