Tour de France pool

YouTube videos, Pickle juice discussion, doping accusations, etc.

Moderator: mfarnham

jeremy

Tour de France pool

Post by jeremy »

Anyone interested in doing a TDF pool for this year this is a free pool, the rules are quite simple (you can read them off the website), I've started a subleague group for us to play in, the name is Tripleshot

http://www.tourpool.eu/index.php
Current Winter Gloating point amount - 16730 (and counting)
Quentin

Re: Tour de France pool

Post by Quentin »

In! Thanks for setting this up.
Josh.E

Post by Josh.E »

IN

you guys are going DOWN!
Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.
esilnarson

Post by esilnarson »

In!
Brian E
jj12

Post by jj12 »

Sweet! IN 8)
jeremy

Post by jeremy »

So far we've got 12 brave souls in the pool. If the rest of you aren't signing up for the pool because you're worried about losing, don't, you will lose, I will beat you!!!. Sign up anyway.
One week until it starts, I'll even give you some helpfull hints, in the TT pick Fabian, in the sprints don't pick schlecks :wink:

Here's some helpfull pages for the beginners out there
Stages - http://www.letour.fr/2011/TDF/COURSE/us ... etape.html
Riders - http://www.letour.fr/2011/TDF/RIDERS/us/engages.html
Last years race winners - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_in_ro ... CI_ProTour
This years race winners (so far) - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_in_ro ... CI_ProTour
jeremy

Post by jeremy »

Just a reminder for everyone who signed up to get your stage one predictions in.
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Stage 1 complete. And even though the Tripleshot "subleague" only has 20 bettors (compared to some subleagues that are 300+), we're currently ranked 16th out of 2700 subleagues, as measured by aggregate score!! Total people playing is over 10,000.

It's not too late... come start picking sprinters for Stage 3...
Attachments
Tripleshot Stage 1.jpg
sylvan

Post by sylvan »

Rolf wrote:even though the Tripleshot "subleague" only has 20 bettors (compared to some subleagues that are 300+), we're currently ranked 16th out of 2700 subleagues, as measured by aggregate score!!
Wow, that's pretty epic, nice work. I signed up but never got around to picking a team. Too busy/lazy and too emotionally invested in my Podium Cafe Virtuel Directeur Sportif fantasy team, the Trailer Park Boys, who are doing quite well again this year.
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

We're still 21st today! I've nipped ahead in the GC, but Jeremy and some mick named "Slowertwin" are just a correctly-predicted Cavendish crash behind.

The pool is really improving my Tour-watching experience, even with no money on the line. Jeremy said he lost three riders in the crash just before the line this morning -- even more reason to yell at the screen!

It's true that the vast majority of the 2,692 subleagues ranked below us have fewer than 10 members, tempering Tripleshot's relative success. But since over a third of our team have joined you, Sylvan, in signing up and promptly paving the road to hell in place of going through the drudgery of picking riders, we truly only number 13 betting souls. So I think we can remain chuffed in good conscience.
jeremy

Post by jeremy »

THOR!!!!!! :shock:
gab

Post by gab »

Stage 14 thoughts?

Voeckler was fantastic, but the Schlecks? I was expecting them to put more time on Contador today, but I'm wondering if they've blown their chance. Contador looked better near the end of the climb, maybe he's sandbagging, but either way if he can get his legs back before the Alps...
jeremy

Post by jeremy »

I don't think they blew their chance, but it looked to me to be way too much gamesmanship going on for the last 6km, the schleks, evans, basso, and contador could have dropped the rest of the group they where in eliminating them all from the GC hunt. The Alps should be interesting, I'm still pulling for Thor to win GC :wink: