TdF shadow ride plan

Organize unscheduled rides

Moderator: mfarnham

spearson

TdF shadow ride plan

Post by spearson »

Choose a % workload. This is your baseline for distance for each stage of the tour. For mountain stages, try for the same % elevation. Watch the tour stage reruns in the evening. Keep this up for 3 weeks.

I'm going to try for 35%. Who's in?!?
barton bourassa

Re: TdF shadow ride plan

Post by barton bourassa »

Sounds like a pretty neat idea. I might try it for the last 2 weeks after the Cowichan Tri. 35% eh? Could be an interesting challenge!

BB
Barton Bourassa
sylvan

Post by sylvan »

spearson wrote:Who's in?!?
OK, I'm in for 50% of cumulative mileage and gainage on all stages Mondays through Thursdays, plus any Fri/Sat/Sun I'm not on the road. Is there a list of elevation gainage per stage out there somewhere? Today I got 80.7 km, which means I'm falling behind, but got 1111 metres of gainage so I'm probably/hopefully well ahead of schedule there.
sylvan

Post by sylvan »

sylvan wrote:Is there a list of elevation gainage per stage out there somewhere?
So, I found the numbers, and it turns out they are very very terrible. Like 5090 metres of vert in the 193 km stage 18. How is that even possible? Anyway, I didn't ride at all yesterday so I could concentrate on going to the Soundgarden show at Ottawa Blues Fest, but some miles happened today. So I'm at 147.5 km out of 537.6 km, a weak 27%, but the vertical is better, 2084m for me, 1955m for the wusses in the Tour Day France, 107%.