Indoor cycling this Sunday at the Y

Club activities and announcements

Moderator: mfarnham

The Princess

Indoor cycling this Sunday at the Y

Post by The Princess »

Hey guys, is there any interest in a group spin class this Sunday at 8:30 a.m.?? I have contacted the Y and they said they would allow me to hold a spin class on Sunday with a group of my cycling pals. I'm thinking an hour and a half class followed by coffee. It's not the same as road riding I know, but I promise it will be a good workout, and hey, you won't have to clean your bike afterward. Plus it will ensure that you don't become too slothful over the holidays. Lister, I know it is a little fruity for you, but the music will be good and so will the company. I won't do it though for less than 8 people - hey, I have a life too, so I need to know if anyone is interested. I'm not sure if there would be any cost, but it wouldn't be a lot. Let me know. :P
Chris Watt

Post by Chris Watt »

Hey Lisa- count me in.

Cheers,
Chris
2hotty

Post by 2hotty »

I'm in! Come on boys and girls, it's way better than sitting on a trainer at home.
Plawless

Post by Plawless »

you spin me right round baby right round like a record baby right round round round!

I am in.

I guess if Alan comes we should wear helmets.
Ramsey

Post by Ramsey »

I'll be there too, Lisa. Have resisted spin classes for so long.
Is this going to be like a "gateway drug"? Will this be the slippery slope that results in me coming to my senses and hanging up my cleats, never to ride outdoor again?
Speaking of: should we bring our shoes and pedals?
Thanks for your offer to us. I know how popular your classes at the Y are...
R
mlawless

Post by mlawless »

Okay, I will try to attend - I am not sure about the late start though - what will I do for the couple of hours before we start...

Do I need to bring a trainer, bike, shoes, pedals, body armour, tissue to soak up my tears...

Hey, will this be a no drop ride?

Michael
bill

Post by bill »

Hey Lisa

That sounds great. Sarah and I are in. Should we bring pedals, shoes and leg warmers.

Pete, I had a feeling you were spinny, but no I know
The Princess

Post by The Princess »

The spin class is a go for Sunday morning! Mike, you can start as early as you want - the Y is open at 6:00 a.m., so feel free to start without us, we'll catch up at 8:30! I have at least 6 guest passes so I expect we'll all get in with no cost. The passes will allow full access to the facilities so showers, etc. For the class, all you will need is a water bottle and towel, and shoes equipped for shimano pedals, or (egads) running shoes if you don't have the right shoes. You should arrive 10 minutes before to get your bike set up. I think we're going to have some fun! :lol:
ART BOY
Site Admin

ME 2

Post by ART BOY »

only if pete brings the music - right round baby right round :)
I spin in a speedo - hope no one minds.
GALEN DAVISON

Artist

www.galendavison.com
------------------------------------------------
"What I dream of is an art of balance." Henri Matisse
ART BOY
Site Admin

Post by ART BOY »

I have some "stylin shoes" spd Fluvogs size 10.5 if anyone needs to borrow them.
GALEN DAVISON

Artist

www.galendavison.com
------------------------------------------------
"What I dream of is an art of balance." Henri Matisse
Kim Gard

Post by Kim Gard »

Joe and I will be there. Argyle must be mandatory!!
Chris Fraser

Post by Chris Fraser »

I 'm keen but am I too late? How many can you fit in , Lisa? Can you survive 2 classes?
The Princess

Post by The Princess »

Hi Chris F., the class will hold 14 people and I've counted 11 interested parties including Brett so we have room. I'm going to wear my new gear, just to look cool. Hope others will too. Come early or you will be stuck in the front row where I can pick on you easier. :lol:
JohnT

Post by JohnT »

Me too, me too. I think I have shimano shoes.

JT
Alan

Post by Alan »

I'm in too. I'll try to get there a little early, mostly to try to catch Pete Lawless painting a blue line on the floor. And worth the price of admission will be seeing Galen in a Speedo. My first chance to wear the new colours! Can't wait...
Lister Farrar

Post by Lister Farrar »

You're worried about fruity? Have you seen our uniforms? All that's missing is crop tops and head bands...

How many can you take Lisa?

Edit, oops, I see it now. Can I have a spot?

L
Lister
"We're jammin', jammin',
And I hope you like jammin', too."
(Bob Marley)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QdwYY9rZL4
The Princess

Post by The Princess »

Lister on a spin bike - hell must be frozen over! Oh wait, it is! It would be great to have you Lister. There are 14 bikes in the room and it sounds like we are at 14 or 15 interested now so it will have to be first come first served. I'll be there by 8:00 a.m. for sure. See you all then!
Lister Farrar

Post by Lister Farrar »

I count 15 ahead of me. 14 bikes only? I think turning up early to steal a spot might be bad form. Maybe I'll come and rivet Pete's chain when he rips it off, and then come for coffee.

PS If you're ahead of me on the list, and not going, can you let me know?

PPS Hey Alan, I see you're 15. How about we meet at the Y and do a REAL ride while the poseurs pretend inside? ;) I still have cross tires on a bike. We won't even need to use roads. Then we can meet them for coffee, if they'll let us.

Or we could cheerlead:
Lister
"We're jammin', jammin',
And I hope you like jammin', too."
(Bob Marley)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QdwYY9rZL4
Brian S

Breakfast??

Post by Brian S »

I will (probably) not be there to ride as there is work stuff brewing. however, in celebration of the winter solstice and the days MAYBE getting longer, is there any appetite for going out for breakfast after the indoor sweat fest? It is the Holiday season, and I need to get more puf't/stay puf't
Brian S

Shoes

Post by Brian S »

and shoes equipped for shimano pedals, or (egads) running shoes if you don't have the right shoes
For clarification--did you meann SPD type cleats or full shimano (triangular) platform pedals?