Bike fits by Barb

Club activities and announcements

Moderator: mfarnham

Chris Watt

Bike fits by Barb

Post by Chris Watt »

If you're considering a bike fit this season I'd highly recommend Barb Bialokoz. I've had two previous bike fits- both decent I thought but booked one with Barb last week b/c Lister mentioned here many moons ago a positive experience he had with Barb.

Like any qualified fitter Barb has been certified and has plenty of experience. Like many fitters she's a keen rider/competitor herself. What sets her apart compared to my two previous experiences is that she's also a physiotherapist so brings a keen eye for biomechanics to the process. Before the actual fit she performs a careful biomechanical assessment, identifies problem areas, prescribes various strengthening and stretching exercises THEN incorporates that into the fit. As a sport med doc I appreciated her out-loud thinking process as we went through the process and learned a number of things.

Most important the fit I came away with really does feel much more effective and comfortable. I did a couple of long rides this week-end on the new fit and felt great.

Barb rides with TS when she's able but if you want to set something up she's best reached here: barbara@bbphysio.com

Cheers,
Chris
PS. No competing interests to declare- just a happy customer!
Roland

Re: Bike fits by Barb

Post by Roland »

I've had two bike fits with her as well. Highly recommended.

I've also heard she has a real human skeleton in her office, did you see it?
compete: 1620, from Fr. compéter "be in rivalry with"
John D

Re: Bike fits by Barb

Post by John D »

I saw Barb for a bike fit last week, too. She made a number of small adjustments to the saddle, stem, bars, etc..the result of which was that after about 200km this past weekend, I had no lower back-pain or hand numbness to speak of.

Highly recommended...

John
"Talk - Action = Zero" - Joe Keithley