Let's show that TS supports the community!!!

Club activities and announcements

Moderator: mfarnham

Sarah W

Let's show that TS supports the community!!!

Post by Sarah W »

WE STILL NEED VOLUNTEERS FOR THE DALLAS ROAD TIME TRIAL ON MAY 28TH. Thanks to those of you that have signed up already. There has been a slight change. If you signed up as part of set up/tear down, we now need you to road marshal during the event and you will not be able to race. Let us know if this changes your ability to volunteer.

We need quite a few volunteers to help close the roads and keep the event safe. It will require being at Cattle Point at 3pm and we expect to finish around 9:30pm. You will be invited to the volunteer dinner/party at the end of the weekend if you help out. And, you will be fed on the 28th.

At this time, we are asking for the following volunteers:

** 3 parking lot marshals - make sure that no one parks in the parking lots on the south side of Dallas Rd as well as direct pedestrians (parking lots will be taped and closed off earlier in the day). Would not be able to race.
** 7 people for set-up/tear down and road marshals during the event - help with set up adn tear down. Then, monitor the road closures during the event
** 2 spotters at the start finish - directing riders, helping timers if they need it, keeping start/finish clear.

If you want to volunteer, please go to the online google document by copying and pasting this link into your browser.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... y=CMynjdYF

Please put your name under one of the headings and then click 'save'.

Thanks!
Roland

Re: Let's show that TS supports the community!!!

Post by Roland »

I am registered to race, so I took my name off of the list. I'll put it back on if we can't get enough people.
compete: 1620, from Fr. compéter "be in rivalry with"
BearPope Recruit

Post by BearPope Recruit »

Also registered to race the TT but more than willing to help out when I can! ~Jen
norman marcy

Post by norman marcy »

Sara Im in as a volunteer I have been fighting a virus for weeks so am out of shape and can stand around in the sun better than anyone Look forward to helping in what ever capacity you would like

let me know either for TT or the longer event or both
Sarah W

Post by Sarah W »

Thanks Norm! Sorry to hear that you have been sick! I hope you feel better.

I have you down as a volunteer. I also need someone to take on being head of the volunteers as I will be away that weekend. It would include taking over the following tasks:

- ride through of the course with Jon Watkin on Saturday, May 14th at 1pm (meeting at Clover Point)
- monitoring the volunteer sign ups on the forum and google document to ensure that we have enough volunteers
- write harassing messages on the forum to get more volunteers if we need more :)
- talk to Russ Hayes to see how many volunteers they are sending
- be the head volunteer on the day of the event and make sure everyone knows what they need to do, where they need to be and the timing of everything.

Let me know if this interests you.
Sarah W

Post by Sarah W »

And, thanks Roland and Jen - we will certainly need help with set-up and tear-down!
norman marcy

Post by norman marcy »

yikes the pressure let me think about it for another day
have to talk to the family about it as we also have a rowing event for Eva
Sarah W

Post by Sarah W »

No problem. Just shoot me a message when you know. I have also asked a couple of other folks so no pressure!
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Sarah, I've signed on to do setup/teardown and marshalling, but I'll do whatever's needed.
norman marcy

Post by norman marcy »

yes ok from my end when can we sit down to go through the plan and get info and phone numbers and addresses etc im a bit old school with the computer so the simpler tech the better
Josh.E

Post by Josh.E »

I am planning on riding the TT as Carly's pilot. I can volunteer for anything to do with setup or tear down, or basically anything from the minute I'm done racing, but don't see any options left on that spreadsheet.
Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.
norman marcy

Post by norman marcy »

we can always use an extra body and strong back in st up and tear down you are on
Brian S

Post by Brian S »

In for set up or ? after the 140 km.
Tutto il rosa della vita
4827north

Post by 4827north »

Sarah W wrote:WE STILL NEED VOLUNTEERS FOR THE DALLAS ROAD TIME TRIAL ON MAY 28TH. Thanks to those of you that have signed up already. There has been a slight change. If you signed up as part of set up/tear down, we now need you to road marshal during the event and you will not be able to race. Let us know if this changes your ability to volunteer.
If you want to volunteer, please go to the online google document by copying and pasting this link into your browser.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... y=CMynjdYF

Please put your name under one of the headings and then click 'save'.

Thanks!
Just signed up to help. What time do we need to arrive to help with the start/finish spotting?
Brad
brad[at]zedwheels.com
Member #58 1 May 2010 to December 2011
AlW

Post by AlW »

Sarah,

I signed up for the set up/tear down crew, but have since been offered up to Jon Watkin to help with registration, start times, results, etc. I may be able to do both, but won't be sure until I get an idea of Jon's plans. I've changed my status to tentative for now and will update it when I know more.

Al
dreeves

Post by dreeves »

Hey, Gang

We have had verbal communication from a number of people about volunteering at the TT on Saturday. If we could put our names on the grid so we know exactly who to expect, that would be very helpful. The more the merrier. Disregard the numbers at the top. Just sign up and we will find a job for you.

Many thanks and remember, we are getting a generous donation to our coffers for our efforts.

Dylan
¡Hasta la victoria siempre!
Dolly

Post by Dolly »

Eric and I have signed up and will help out wherever needed.
Stéphane Tran

Post by Stéphane Tran »

I have signed up in the "Parking lot marshall" column but can help wherever needed. However, due to family commitments, I can only arrive at 7:30pm. :?
shawnc

Post by shawnc »

Alysha has to work Saturday evening now so I took her name off the list. I will still be there though.

Also, is the meet-up at Cattle Point or Clover Point? Sarah's original message says Cattle Point, but that's in the Uplands and I thought the TT turnaround was Clover Point.
jeremy

Post by jeremy »

it's clover point
Current Winter Gloating point amount - 16730 (and counting)