Another One Down, But Coming Back Stronger

Club activities and announcements

Moderator: mfarnham

glenowyn

Another One Down, But Coming Back Stronger

Post by glenowyn »

I went to visit Jane in the hospital tonight. Saturday morning she was on her way to Pro City to do the 90 km loop and she slipped on the tracks and fractured her pelvis and clavicle. She probably spent all of Sunday trying to figure out how to tell the Board for the Cycling Festival that she still could do her job just not be there physically and than finding bodies to stand in her for. Now that she has that taken care of that she is working on healing herself faster than I have ever seen. She can leave the hospital as soon as she can walk and already she is standing and taking small steps.
When I asked if I could come and visit I got a back a " Wahoo!"

I hope the festival goes great and you get all the help you need and more. That we can help you out as you become the stronger, tougher Jane King that railway tracks become afraid of
beegull

Re: Another One Down, But Coming Back Stronger

Post by beegull »

Ugh, I went down on those tracks the winter before last, thanks to a combination of rain, darkness, and infant-induced sleep deprivation. I was out cold for half a minute and ended up with a fractured clavicle and some decent road rash. Now every time I pass over those tracks I slow to to a snail's pace, cursing them as I go.

Jane, I hope you have a speedy recovery and are out on your bike cursing the tracks in no time.
conway

Post by conway »

Hi Jane:

Sorry to hear of your accident.

"Tomorrow is another day, and it is hasn't been touched yet"

Mark
Stéphane Tran

Post by Stéphane Tran »

Those darn tracks have claimed another victim. I split my chin open after crashing on the tracks in Esquimalt. Wishing you a speedy recovery Jane.
Quentin

Post by Quentin »

I've gone down on those tracks as well, but I was "lucky" to only come away with road rash and a broken helmet.

Speedy Recovery!
Jane Victoria

Post by Jane Victoria »

Thanks everyone. It was so great to have a visit from Glenowyn! I'm out of hospital and coping well. Back in the saddle in no time. And yes - will never RUSH over train tracks again!

Hope to see some of you at the start/finish of the Tour de Victoria!

Rollin' on... head up and looking ahead at all times.

jane