Latoria Race May 4th

Moderator: mfarnham

jeremy

Latoria Race May 4th

Post by jeremy »

Current Winter Gloating point amount - 16730 (and counting)
jj12

Re: Latoria Race May 4th

Post by jj12 »

Nice shooting jer! Good coverage. 8)
Plawless

Post by Plawless »

Yeah, sweet video Jeremy. As for the race it was pretty cool in the pack. First time I have done Latoria and I think I like it! I think it was great havign Moose mark attacks and keeping our guys near the front. We had talked about protecting Matt and Kevin before hand and that seemed to go ok. Probably the thing to do is to agree one of these days to pin it right from the start as otherwise that course wil probably always be about who hits the last corner in what position.

And well done Matt!! He went rocketing by and was making up huge ground for a well deserved 3rd.

B race average was 37.4km/h. It scares me to think that the A's must have been over 40.

This hombre could only manage a 7th (and with it exactly ZERO upgrade points!) but confirmed that he is a B!
Josh.E

Post by Josh.E »

The A lead pack average speed was over 43km/h.
Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.
Roland

Post by Roland »

I averaged 38.0 km/h, after getting dropped on lap #2. Once the pack came around and picked me up I was ok. I need a better warmup, and hope for a little easier pace on the first few laps.
compete: 1620, from Fr. compéter "be in rivalry with"
4827north

Post by 4827north »

I hear ya on the warmup. I felt off the whole race, and I think a good part of it was too little a warmup. I too like the course. It's a pseudo criterium with that last corner being key. I just had no gas last night. The tank was on near empty from the get go. Oh well... that's racing.
Brad
brad[at]zedwheels.com
Member #58 1 May 2010 to December 2011
AdamD

Post by AdamD »

That was a fun race, a bunch of strong people were out to make it fast.

I averaged 41.0kmph minus the first three or so laps which i imagine would have brought it up slightly.
Although my legs didn't feel good before the race once it got started i realized i was just having one of those days were you feel slightly terrible (but not really terrible) not matter what your doing, everything felt the same wether it was sitting in the bunch or going as hard as i could.

When a promising break including Craig, Curtis, Cody and I got caught is when Emile went, by the time everyone figured out he was going to win, well it was too late.
Good job to him for picking the right time to go

Adam
Adam de Vos