middle school girls ride Sun 9:30 Lister's house

Club activities and announcements

Moderator: mfarnham

Lister Farrar

middle school girls ride Sun 9:30 Lister's house

Post by Lister Farrar »

Beginner girls road ride, most on flat pedals, but no rules. Bike clothes ok but not required (Una will probably go with skater chic). Ice cream will be the major goal.

Lister's house (1058 Davie) at 9:30, Sunday am.

Route to be discussed, but Rockland, Goose, royal oak, waterfront, Olive Olio's is on the table.
Lister
"We're jammin', jammin',
And I hope you like jammin', too."
(Bob Marley)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QdwYY9rZL4
jeremy

Re: middle school girls ride Sun 9:30 Lister's house

Post by jeremy »

mmmm ice cream, as I was passing through downtown on my ride today all I could smell was fresh waffle cones, soo good :P. I think we should do this on our regular rides.
Current Winter Gloating point amount - 16730 (and counting)
sylvan

Post by sylvan »

Lister Farrar wrote:Ice cream will be the major goal.
I had a Groupon for a dozen cupcakes I was saving for you for just such an occasion, but time ran out on me and I had to give it to somebody else the day I left. I'll come up with something else for when I get back.
Lister Farrar

Post by Lister Farrar »

Well, that was a disaster. :shock:

Olive Olios didn't have ice cream yet for the summer. So we made do with fudge brownies. :)

Four girls today, almost five, but one got her cast off her arm in the last couple days and rode to my house, but it was too sore.

rockland, goose, lochside, royal oak, ash etc to Caddy bay.

Una won the KOM points on Royal Oak, Olivia on Ash, and Erin on Caddy bay. Re-match next week.

Una got the style points for hucking her cross bike off the sloping curbs through Uplands park. Olivia won the eating contest: spanakopita, salad, hot chocolate, brownie and something else. Zoe won the Chris Boardman superman position award for a bike too big. While still smiling. Looking for a 49 cm cross bike, anyone?
Lister
"We're jammin', jammin',
And I hope you like jammin', too."
(Bob Marley)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QdwYY9rZL4