Cool C ride today

Club activities and announcements

Moderator: mfarnham

Lister Farrar

Cool C ride today

Post by Lister Farrar »

Rode the first C ride in a while this am, as Brenna gets back into group riding after 3 months of only weekend rides in the hills of Dordorgne. (I'm jealous just writing that..)

Kudos to Barton for attracting and leading a really good C group. He had a plan for the route and timing ("Blenkinsop or Beacon laps, can't do both AND coffee"!). He had a plan to re-group at the top of King George, have a safe descent and passage of Hollywood Crescent, before a fast pace line on Dallas. And succinct coaching tips: "Keep it together, fast, but short turns, 5 or 10 seconds".

As a result the C's, including 14 year old (but serious triathlete) Farisha on her second ride with us, three other women, (new and 6 monthers) three other adult males, and 2, 15 year old veterans (Brenna and Alex), rode a pretty good pace line that was not that much different than the B's, just a k or two slower. (Ok the speed as the b's passed us was impressive, but we kept them in sight for a long time. I think they were showing off. :wink: ).

I noticed also how Minda, and veteran TS'r of what, 6 whole months?, repeatedly shoulder checked when she was on the front to see if the line was still together. Classy.

I think this is a pretty important part of TS; having such a c ride meant riders who really are strong enough for B, can come on their easy day (Farisha for eg:. has two workouts the day before and two the day after, so an easier Friday is perfect), or are getting back into it (Brenna and Mike), or just learning (Paula), or coaches watching riders coming back (me), can find a ride that suits, and has that TS mix of cohesiveness, skill and challenge.

Should we consider formalizing group leaders, so there's always someone to give the reminders for newer riders?
Lister
"We're jammin', jammin',
And I hope you like jammin', too."
(Bob Marley)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QdwYY9rZL4
JohnT

Re: Cool C ride today

Post by JohnT »

Thanks for the note Lister. I haven't given up hope that Heidi will join me one day and it's good to know there might be a place for her in the group. During the week leading up to Sardinia :lol: , I'll be able to participate in a C ride or two.

JT
Jane Victoria

Re: Cool C ride today

Post by Jane Victoria »

Agreed! It was a FUN morning in the saddle providing B- challenges in a C group!
A lot of strong riders sharing the pack and special thanks to Barton for keeping us all together... and holding up for 'Le Lantern Rouge!'
Super grateful to be part of this club. As hard as some days are, there's always someone there to encourage, support and on occasion push!
Thank you ALL!
I appreciate every one of you!!
jane