Nice 140 km "Training" Route

Club activities and announcements

Moderator: mfarnham

sylvan

Re: Nice 140 km "Training" Route

Post by sylvan »

shawnc wrote:I am not worthy.
Horsefeathers. Can you do the same ride next Wednesday? You'll be back in no time.
shawnc

Post by shawnc »

I definitely can't do Wednesday, but maybe Thursday.
John D

Post by John D »

Wow, now that sounded brutal! Epic indeed. Let's see, we already have a "sufferfest", the "pain train", Mike L's "discomfort-fest". This one clearly deserves a more descriptive monniker than the rather lame "Nice 140 km Training Route".

Any suggestions? Exhaustionfest? Bonkfest? I offer these, safe in the knowledge that I'm unlikely to experience this ride any time soon. :lol:

J.
"Talk - Action = Zero" - Joe Keithley
jj12

Post by jj12 »

When i passed through sidney by the highway construction i asked the flag person when you guys had gone thru, i thought was far far behind but she said i was fifteen mins behind you guys...lol I thought that was pretty decent considering i was done going sooo slow :oops: . Anyhow just wanted to say thanks to everyone for letting me tag along, cheers jg. It sounds like you will be doing this again next week?? If thats the case for thurs i should be in again.
sylvan

Post by sylvan »

jj12 wrote:I thought that was pretty decent considering i was done going sooo slow
You obviously weren't going that slow - we turned right onto Wain, you went all the way to Land's End and did more miles than any of us today.

Next week's plans, we'll have to see how that plays out. With Jerry's Roubaix on Sunday, 140 hard km on Thursday might be perfect, might not. We'll see how the sensations evolve over the next few days.
Josh.E

Post by Josh.E »

I flatted on wain rd and did a quick change. But considering you did lands end, and we only went to wain, that's not bad at all.

I think doing that again next thursday might be perfect. Worth a try at least. The pros do wednesday 160km races with additional 60-80K of same day motorpacing this week leading up to flanders. If they can do that, surely we can do 140km. :) Those guys don't really "taper" in the recreational athlete sense. They race Saturday/sunday, take a rest day, and do a hard training block right up until thursday, then get a couple light/rest days in. This is for their biggest races of the year too. " Body in motion will stay in motion" is the quote I read.
I'm going to take note of how I'm feeling this sunday morning.
Last edited by Josh.E on Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.
sylvan

Post by sylvan »

Josh.E wrote:"Body in motion will stay in motion" is the quote I read.
I tend to agree with this, unless it completely melts down, with disastrous consequences.
Josh.E wrote:I'm going to take note of how I'm feeling this sunday morning.
Yes, good timing for a Newton Heights race to assess responses.
Josh.E

Post by Josh.E »

nah, can't race this weekend.

have the in-laws coming down to help with a bunch of reno work on the house. I'll be doing some intervals first thing in the morning though.
Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.
RyanC

Post by RyanC »

You guys are gluttons for punishment. Who's in for Saturday am?
R
Quentin

Post by Quentin »

RyanC wrote:You guys are gluttons for punishment. Who's in for Saturday am?
R
I'll try to be there (for as long as I can hold on.)
Dylan J C

Post by Dylan J C »

that was a great ride, definitely felt like death coming out of Sidney, fortunately I wasn't the only one. It was great to get in that extra mileage, I'm in for it next week if we can get it going.
The day I quit is the day I die, and probably not even then.
sylvan

Post by sylvan »

RyanC wrote:You guys are gluttons for punishment. Who's in for Saturday am?
In.
RyanC

Post by RyanC »

Looks like I am out for Saturday. I have been fighting what feels like asthma all week but has now evolved into a nagging cough. Everyone around me at work has been sick and I want to be able to race Sunday. Have fun guys!

R